Re: Virtual Trade Shows

  • wjhall2303
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
      Yeah that's not working for me on a PC either.
      Also im curious about the logistics. I'd imagine the key selling point to a VT of an exhibition or show would be to attract more attendees, but the VT could only be done once the stalls are set up, so the ability to see it in advance of the show would be very limited, maybe even a few hours or so? I guess the alternative might be as an aid to navigation within the show, or to promote the next show. But using it to promote the next years show with last years stalls sounds a bit funny to me...
      Great to get your thoughts as it would certainly be an interesting avenue to pursue

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Rojas Roa <danrojas@...> wrote:

      > Hey all!
      >
      > Look at my new site! :D
      >
      > http://bit.ly/v1rtu4lst3p
      >
      > We are starting to virtualize trade shows.
      >
      > Thanks to all the support and the great community of photograph 360 that it
      > exists :)
      >
      > Tell me what you think :)
      >

      > --
      > Daniel Rojas Roa
      > Virtual Step Team

    • Daniel Rojas Roa
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
        Hi wjhall2303,

        The selling point to a VT is to attract attendees that couldn't make it to the actual Tradeshow and to allow a straight communication to the people of interest. The idea is not to see it in advance, but to be able to see it and make it possible for new sales.

        Hope I made the selling point clearer to you.

        Tell me what experience did you had with the navigation of the sistem? With the right-side bar?

        Kindly regards,

        --
        Daniel Rojas Roa
        Virtual Step Team

      • Briar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011

          That is such a lot of work…so many panoramas, then blurring all the faces. Not so sure I like the ways the pans move with the mouse though.

          I like the idea of a main plan, sub-plan for the different areas and the information is excellent. Needs a wide screen to get the best effect.

          I just have no idea how you can possibly do all of this in a way that will be cost-effective.

          Congratulations on a monumental effort, Briar.

          --
          Daniel Rojas Roa
          Virtual Step Team