Re: [PanoToolsNG] First Flash 11 panorama engine on display

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 5, 2011
      Thank you Isaac, looking forward to your tests with your netbook.  I dug out my old and de-commissioned Compaq laptop, and it too ran on 8-9 fps, and the pano behaved pretty much like a standard Flash 10 pano.  Even though F11 makes magic, it still can't make old hardware work better.

      Trausti

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Isaac Garcia <coletassoft@...> wrote:

      I´m not getting very good results, but then again the graphics card here at work is utter crap. Can´t even use the gpu bits in Photoshop.

      Some numbers: "current fps" usually around 8.5-9, "average fps" about 20 (but only because when stopped "current" goes to 60) "memory" 85-90.

      I´ll try again when I get back home and with the netbook too.

      Cheers from Madrid.

    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 16, 2011
        Here is something that should bring more machines up-to-date and enable them to get the benefits of Flash 11:

        Snippet:
        According to the release notes, the new Catalyst 11.11 drivers enable GPU accelerated Stage 3D API and Stage 3D applications across all Radeon HD GPUs as well as A- and E-series APUs.

        Check out AMD's full release notes for more details about the update, including supported hardware and known issues that are yet to be resolved, or hit the appropriate link below to download AMD's Catalyst 11.11.

        Hopefully this will be of help to many.

        Trausti

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

        Tried it on Chrome -- about 30 fps in average browser window about the same full screen. The frame rate is dependent on the window size. Bigger window -- slower frame rate.
        Win7 64; Intel GX45 integrated chip