Re: [PanoToolsNG] First Flash 11 panorama engine on display

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 5, 2011
      That is a decrypting meter... decrypting the code and images is what is going on... at the time the decryption takes place, the downloading has finished.

      Regarding Sam's problems, it seems it is a known issue:

      http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/919/cpsid_91932.html#main_known_issues

      Stage 3D

      Mac: On Mac OS X, hardware accelerated rendering is not supported on Intel GMA, ATI Radeon x1600, and ATI Radeon 2400 cards.
      Stage3D uses the integrated GPU on MacBook Pro’s with Intel i7 or i5 processors (2943979).
      Hardware accelerated rendering is not supported on VIA chipsets.

      Not the best scenario, but hopefully Adobe will find a solution soon.  Knowing that the code is perfect on our end, this was very worrying... but it is good to know that it is not a problem that is created on our end.

      Trausti

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
      Thanks Ayrton.
      Are you reading the 19 MB from the Profiler in the context menu?  If you are getting the number "19" there, it would be 19 Mb (Mega bits, not Bytes... and therefore it would be less than 2,4 MB (Mega Bytes).

      Ahhh Okay  :-)

      Coincidentally you have the very same setup (software wise) as Sam Rohn who has just reported a very scrambled pano as the result: http://nylocations.com/_sam/files/f11-err/2.png

      mine works perfect !!!
      and I tried more than once

      The downloading takes place while the black screen is there... it would be better with a loadmeter showing the progress... but since this is a first show-off, it is without, and basic.

      BUT I get a loadmeter on the third time !!!
      It shows percentage of the download with a flashficator LOGO

      best
      AYRTON

      Trausti

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      installed Flash Player 11

      pano works fine
      black screen took very long before image complete

      but pano uses 19 MB of memory and  59 FPS

      Safari 5.1 on MAC OS 10.6.8

      best regards
      AYRTON

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM, blueslander <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
      The following link allows you to test our Flash 11 panorama engine.  This is a first look, so don't expect anything fancy.  You need to install the latest Flash version (11) which was released yesterday.

      Fullscreen is available from the context menu, as is the "Profiler" where you can see the Frames Per Second and Mega bits used for the display of flash content in the browser you are using.

      If you reboot your browser and have nothing there but the pano, you will be able to see that it only consumes a little over 1 MB of memory and 0-2% of CPU (may be higher on some machines).

      Current version will download with a black screen, then it will take a while to decrypt... then finally display.

      CTRL/SHIFT keys work for zoom, same does mouse wheel.  Click/drag is the traditional way.

      Comments and questions are welcome.

      Here is the link: http://goo.gl/72Bdl

      Trausti

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --

    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 16, 2011
        Here is something that should bring more machines up-to-date and enable them to get the benefits of Flash 11:

        Snippet:
        According to the release notes, the new Catalyst 11.11 drivers enable GPU accelerated Stage 3D API and Stage 3D applications across all Radeon HD GPUs as well as A- and E-series APUs.

        Check out AMD's full release notes for more details about the update, including supported hardware and known issues that are yet to be resolved, or hit the appropriate link below to download AMD's Catalyst 11.11.

        Hopefully this will be of help to many.

        Trausti

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

        Tried it on Chrome -- about 30 fps in average browser window about the same full screen. The frame rate is dependent on the window size. Bigger window -- slower frame rate.
        Win7 64; Intel GX45 integrated chip