First Flash 11 panorama engine on display

  • blueslander
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 4, 2011
      The following link allows you to test our Flash 11 panorama engine. This is a first look, so don't expect anything fancy. You need to install the latest Flash version (11) which was released yesterday.

      Fullscreen is available from the context menu, as is the "Profiler" where you can see the Frames Per Second and Mega bits used for the display of flash content in the browser you are using.

      If you reboot your browser and have nothing there but the pano, you will be able to see that it only consumes a little over 1 MB of memory and 0-2% of CPU (may be higher on some machines).

      Current version will download with a black screen, then it will take a while to decrypt... then finally display.

      CTRL/SHIFT keys work for zoom, same does mouse wheel. Click/drag is the traditional way.

      Comments and questions are welcome.

      Here is the link: http://goo.gl/72Bdl

      Trausti
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 16, 2011
        Here is something that should bring more machines up-to-date and enable them to get the benefits of Flash 11:

        Snippet:
        According to the release notes, the new Catalyst 11.11 drivers enable GPU accelerated Stage 3D API and Stage 3D applications across all Radeon HD GPUs as well as A- and E-series APUs.

        Check out AMD's full release notes for more details about the update, including supported hardware and known issues that are yet to be resolved, or hit the appropriate link below to download AMD's Catalyst 11.11.

        Hopefully this will be of help to many.

        Trausti

        On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

        Tried it on Chrome -- about 30 fps in average browser window about the same full screen. The frame rate is dependent on the window size. Bigger window -- slower frame rate.
        Win7 64; Intel GX45 integrated chip