Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Gigapan software...

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 4, 2011
      Maybe it's the hardware and not the software --- or the OS -- or a million other things. PTGui almost never crashes if the hardware is in good working order.

      Rick Drew wrote:
      > I was not labeling PTGui as garbage – it was Kolor’s product I was labeling as garbage.
    • Fanotec
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 4, 2011
        Rick Drew wrote:

        > So yes, it was a bad day. I have three clients with a deadline of
        > Thursday. No software functioning correctly. Autopano Giga was great –
        > near perfect results , but the latest updates are way too unstable. I’m
        > lucky if 1 out of 20 tries works without a crash – and again, that’s
        > testing on multiple PC’s. PTGui – I’ll have to heavily edit the results -
        > and that’s no fun with an 8gb image. So right now it’s the software that
        > came with the Epic Pro.

        Why don't you reinstall the older version of Autopano? They should be
        available upon request.

        nick

      • Eduardo Frick
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 4, 2011
          Have you tried to uninstall antivirus software? Autopano Giga conflicts with Avast antivirus 6.

          [] Eduardo

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 4, 2011
            3 things you can try.
            1. Use other panos or photos for calibrating the lens. reuse the lens
            parameter and disable lens optimization.
            2. disable optimization for photos without recognizable features. Just
            uncheck them in optimization tab.
            3. (last attempt) link roll and pitch values for each row of shots.

            The principle is to set some limits for optimizer to prevent it from going
            wild.

            Nick

            Rick Drew wrote:

            > Try justifying this PTGui mess:
            >
            > Grid before optimizing:
            >
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickthephotoguy/6206445055/sizes/m/in/photostream/
            >
            > After:
            >
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickthephotoguy/6206445021/sizes/m/in/photostream/
            > - > basically ignored the grid.
            >

            > I followed the instructions for the new PTGui grid system to the letter.
            > Tried a few stitches. Exact same settings on my pano head and software.
            > Outdoor shots – stitched fine. Indoor shots - garbage.

          • Matt Uyttendaele
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 22, 2011

              RE: Microsoft ICE ... misplaces some images and puts them in the wrong place – and rotates them 90 degrees.

              I don't think that you used the "File: New Structured Panorama ..." workflow in ICE?  "Structured Panorama" is designed to work with automated heads like the Gigapan.  If you use this, you shouldn't get misplaced images.