Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: EXIT links to Get Flashplayer.

  • Scott Witte
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29 9:06 AM
      Hans,

      Do you have stats on whether those exiting to get Flash had any version currently installed? If I remember correctly WinXP installs IE6 and Flash 7, for instance, even if you install it today. I expect that is sufficient to view most Flash content so some people would have no reason to update. By comparison, if a Mac user doesn't have Flash by default they would have reason to install it to view Flash content. Unless the computer is really old the version of Flash installed would be 9 or later. Just a guess.

      BTW, I never got the impression that Mac users are Flash haters.

      Scott

      On 9/29/2011 9:54 AM, Hans wrote:
      Well it looks like my first stats was misleading.
      My quota was only 10,000 and apparently the exit links are not updated in proportion.
      I updated to 25.000 and now also got abetter overview so that I could see the dates and compare them to my  visitor stats.

      This actually now gives me 1 % so Adobe is correct.

      But what I said about Mac in low numbers is still true.
      I only have 2 Macs among 100 hits. That is compared to 11% of the visitors,

      --
      Scott Witte

      414.345.9660
      Member, IVRPA

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29 10:03 AM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:

        > Hans,
        >
        > Do you have stats on whether those exiting to get Flash had any version
        > currently installed? If I remember correctly WinXP installs IE6 and
        > Flash 7, for instance, even if you install it today. I expect that is
        > sufficient to view most Flash content so some people would have no
        > reason to update. By comparison, if a Mac user doesn't have Flash by
        > default they would have reason to install it to view Flash content.
        > Unless the computer is really old the version of Flash installed would
        > be 9 or later. Just a guess.

        There are 135 flashversions in my stats.
        The first non 10 version is 9.r124 which comes in as No 16 with 0.56%
        9.0 r115 has 0.21%

        and all others are below 0.20%
        There are some 6 versions which ad up as 0.45% together but Flash 7 is about 0.04%

        Hans