Re: EXIT links to Get Flashplayer.

  • enridp
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
      So 5% of your visitors doesn't have Flash 9? and they are not apple users?
      That is really strange if we think in the 99% of penetration claimed by adobe.

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "enridp" <enridp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What is the Flash Version required for your panos Hans?
      >
      > KRPano supports Flash 9.
      >
      > I just got confirmation from Klaus that the automatic detection for HTML5 if no Flash does not work on the version I use.
      > It does now work on the new release that was posted a couple of months ago.
      > But only for Safari, Chrome is just working too bad to make it usable.
      > Actually I can see that he also updated the Google Maps plugin for Flash 9 so it is still Flash 9 compatible.
      >
      > Hans
      >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This might be of interest in the discussion on HTML5
      > > >
      > > > I checked my exit links and discovered that among the last 10000 entries ( 12 hours) on my Statcounter I had 453 on the get flashplayer link you get if you do not have it installed.
      > > >
      > > > This is 4.5% of the visits so I got curious to see what system and browser they had.
      > > >
      > > > It turned out that almost all was Windows , from XP to vista and Win7 and browsers IE6 to IE9.
      > > > I found 4 Android which my stats shows are 1.13 % of the visitors but not a single Mac among them.
      > > > There was 11.4 % Mac visits so this surprises me as everyone is associating Mac users with Flash haters and they do not even have it installed when you buy a Mac today.
      > > > It can not be explained that they actually can see my last content in Safari without Flash because that does not work automatically on my pages.
      > > >
      > > > Hans

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "enridp" <enridp@...> wrote:

        > So 5% of your visitors doesn't have Flash 9? and they are not apple users?
        > That is really strange if we think in the 99% of penetration claimed by adobe.

        Well it looks like my first stats was misleading.
        My quota was only 10,000 and apparently the exit links are not updated in proportion.
        I updated to 25.000 and now also got abetter overview so that I could see the dates and compare them to my visitor stats.

        This actually now gives me 1 % so Adobe is correct.

        But what I said about Mac in low numbers is still true.
        I only have 2 Macs among 100 hits. That is compared to 11% of the visitors,

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "enridp" <enridp@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > What is the Flash Version required for your panos Hans?
        > >
        > > KRPano supports Flash 9.
        > >
        > > I just got confirmation from Klaus that the automatic detection for HTML5 if no Flash does not work on the version I use.
        > > It does now work on the new release that was posted a couple of months ago.
        > > But only for Safari, Chrome is just working too bad to make it usable.
        > > Actually I can see that he also updated the Google Maps plugin for Flash 9 so it is still Flash 9 compatible.
        > >
        > > Hans

      • Scott Witte
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
          Hans,

          Do you have stats on whether those exiting to get Flash had any version currently installed? If I remember correctly WinXP installs IE6 and Flash 7, for instance, even if you install it today. I expect that is sufficient to view most Flash content so some people would have no reason to update. By comparison, if a Mac user doesn't have Flash by default they would have reason to install it to view Flash content. Unless the computer is really old the version of Flash installed would be 9 or later. Just a guess.

          BTW, I never got the impression that Mac users are Flash haters.

          Scott

          --
          Scott Witte

          414.345.9660
          Member, IVRPA

        • Hans
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 29, 2011
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:

            > Hans,
            >
            > Do you have stats on whether those exiting to get Flash had any version
            > currently installed? If I remember correctly WinXP installs IE6 and
            > Flash 7, for instance, even if you install it today. I expect that is
            > sufficient to view most Flash content so some people would have no
            > reason to update. By comparison, if a Mac user doesn't have Flash by
            > default they would have reason to install it to view Flash content.
            > Unless the computer is really old the version of Flash installed would
            > be 9 or later. Just a guess.

            There are 135 flashversions in my stats.
            The first non 10 version is 9.r124 which comes in as No 16 with 0.56%
            9.0 r115 has 0.21%

            and all others are below 0.20%
            There are some 6 versions which ad up as 0.45% together but Flash 7 is about 0.04%

            Hans