Re: I'm making more than $1000 / year with my panos *without doing anything*

  • prague
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 28, 2011
      Robert,

      You have been "against" 360Cities for years, so I don't really find your post meaningful, and I'll choose not to reply to it.

      But let me ask, why the emotion? Have I somehow inconvenienced you in the past by building a company? The fact is I have dedicated a very significant chunk of my life to popularize and bring 360º photography closer to the mainstream. That helps even you, Robert. Admit it :)

      It seems a bit odd that even such a rather innocuous post that I made can incite such basement-dwelling, spittle-flecked growls from people such as yourself. I don't know why. But it is the (increasingly) unpleasant side of this List.

      Let me ask you again - you're among the first to critize me and my company, but never to made any meaningful suggestion as to how we might do something differently - and certainly I have never heard any hint from you that we might be doing something *right*, which I find rather sad.

      Jeffrey

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

      > Haaaaaaa....! :)
      >
      > best stupid joke I've heard in a very long time.
      >
      > how much money, $0
      >
      > Let's see some numbers?
      >
      > Posting for free makes NO sense if you're a pro, others may find some satisfaction.
      >
      > But significant print or referral work from any online site is a pipe dream best taken with a lottery ticket. Just not going happen.
      >
      > If you're a pro you have to market, yourself, endlessly, all the time, twice over. 360citites and others like it are basically a waste of time/effort. You simply get lost in the crowd if they even find you.
      >
      > If you're a pro or advanced amateur and either have and/or are producing a lot of high quality images send me a private email.
      > I may have a way to get you real value for your work.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Robert

    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 28, 2011
        Well, I'll hop in here since I'm a pro on 360Cities. I just got a deposit in
        my account this morning for more than $100 and next month, based on what I
        have so far in AdSense, it will be just over $200.

        I have 254 panos published, but to be fair, five of those are of the World
        Trade Center taken back in 2000. I've had a LOT of traffic on those lately.
        However, my most popular pano is this one with over 200,000 views:

        http://www.360cities.net/image/radio-city-music-hall#0.00,0.00,70.0

        So, did I get a bump with the recent 9/11 10th anniversary? Almost
        certainly. Will it continue - we'll see. The thing is, as Jeffrey has
        pointed out, once I published these panos, (and got smart enough to set up
        AdSense properly...), I started generating revenue.

        I went over a year without setting up AdSense on my account, so I probably
        left a bit of money on the table. If you are interested, email me in another
        month or two and I'll give you rough figures on my ongoing earnings. (I
        think I'm not allowed to get too specific as per the AdSense TOS.)

        Mark

        www.northernlight.net
        www.virtual-travels.com
        www.pinnacle-vr.com

      • robert
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 28, 2011
          Jeffery,

          I'm not now nor have I ever been against 360cities. I'm for it, actually, and wish you nothing but success.

          But I'm also not a free business consultant, nor do I think there is any emotion in my comments.

          You said yourself in a another post that you consider the forum an open opportunity for entertainment. So smile, laugh a bit and understand that just because someone may disagree with you or your approach does not mean they are against you.

          On the contrary, the best critic of your work may be your best friend.

          Cheers,

          Robert