Just got this email advertisment 27Sep2011

  • texas360dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2011
      No I am not advertising... but this is the first unsolicited email I have received regarding the Panorama industry.

      Quote: "call 866 dash 902 dash 3600"

      VPiX certified photographers make 200% to 400% MORE money than working for Obeo or CirclePix. Why? Because we don't squeeze undesirable "middlemen" into your territory. You work for yourself.

      Sign up for our monthly photographer package and you'll be exposed to thousands of businesses that need HD panoramic services. And we'll send leads right to your VPiX dashboard that you can bid on. "

      below the text is a green circle logo PLS 360 certified INTERNATIONAL Photographer with a picture of a person with two camera strapped around their neck. No tripod or bracket.

      below that is a 'click here button with a banner that reads "Photographers UNITED AGAINST Crappy Compensation Practices"

      below that
      " VPiX is so much better than Real Tour Vision. I get to produce floor to ceiling tours now in HD resolution. My customers love it so much more than RTV tours. "
      ©2011 VPIX(R) All Rights reserved
    • robert
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2011
        So what's your point here Dave?

        CirclePix and Obeo are both high volume low end real estate for sale "photography" companies that work nationally. While I have no idea what they pay now, a couple of years ago it could be as low as $12.50 per property for 20+ stills and 6+ mirror on a stick 360's.

        Yes, hard to believe anyone would do this, but they do.

        As I use to say, when I was competing against these companies long ago, I'm not sure I would want to let someone so underpaid into my clients house if I was a realtor. :)

        cheers,

        Robert