Android App

  • Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 22 10:14 AM
      Hi,

      I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.

      Thanks,

      Pete

      Peter Stephens Photography
      www.peterstephens.co.uk
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 22 10:50 AM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.

        You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.

        With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.

        Hans

        '
        '

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Pete
        >

        > Peter Stephens Photography
        > www.peterstephens.co.uk

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 22 11:09 AM
          Hans,
          do you know if the "old" Galaxy Tab (Andoid V 2.2 not updated to 2.3 yet ) will display Flash from Pano2CR or Tourviewer ?
          I unfortunately have NO results from the tests in the show-rooms (many I tried).
          The Acer A500, Galaxy Tab 7, Asus Transformer ..... -> may be because of network limitation, or
          due to the lack of missing FLASH that I could not install there.

          My Galaxy Tab MINI is not capable of Flash, even if I try it says "not for your device".
          I´m a little confused though.

          Maybe you know more about it, or someone else.

          Ciao
          Mike

          android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.

          You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.

          With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.

          Hans

          '
          '

          > Thanks,

          Pete

          > Peter Stephens Photography

          www.peterstephens.co.uk

          Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
        • Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 22 11:13 AM
            Hi Hans,

            Can images be stored on the smart phone for offline use though?

            On 22 Sep 2011, at 18:50, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.

            You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.

            With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.

            Hans

            '
            '

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Pete
            >

            > Peter Stephens Photography
            > www.peterstephens.co.uk

          • Hans
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 22 11:28 AM
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@...> wrote:

              > Hi Hans,
              >
              > Can images be stored on the smart phone for offline use though?

              Yes no problem. You can just transfer them to the SD card by USB from your computer.
              You just make your portfolio as a standard webpage and open it in the browser.

              The link to the card should be file;///sdcard/your-panos
              At least that how it is on my Android HTC Desire Z

              Hans

              > Peter Stephens Photography
              > www.peterstephens.co.uk
              >

              > On 22 Sep 2011, at 18:50, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:
              >

              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi,
              > > >
              > > > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.
              > >
              > > You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.
              > >
              > > With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.
              > >
              > > Hans
              > >
              > > '
              > > '
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > Pete
              > > >

              > > > Peter Stephens Photography
              > > > www.peterstephens.co.uk

            • Hans
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 22 11:31 AM

                > Hans,
                > do you know if the "old" Galaxy Tab (Andoid V 2.2 not updated to 2.3 yet ) will display Flash from
                > Pano2CR or Tourviewer ?
                > I unfortunately have NO results from the tests in the show-rooms (many I tried).
                > The Acer A500, Galaxy Tab 7, Asus Transformer ..... -> may be because of network limitation, or
                > due to the lack of missing FLASH that I could not install there.
                >
                > My Galaxy Tab MINI is not capable of Flash, even if I try it says "not for your device".
                > I´m a little confused though.
                >
                > Maybe you know more about it, or someone else.

                If it has Android 2.2 it should be no problem.
                As far as I can see the processor is 1Ghz which should be enough.

                My HTC Desire Z has just 800mHz

                Hans

                > Ciao
                > Mike
                >

                > _____

              • ptgroup
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 22 11:50 AM
                  I will se - i don´t have the device yet.
                  my htc touch (win 6.1 & andoid 2.2) doesn NOT install Flash though.

                  ciao
                  mike

                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Hans

                  An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

                  href="mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com">PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com> , Peter Stephens -

                  PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@> wrote:

                  Hi,

                  > > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone,
                  possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I
                  > use the pangerVR app on
                  my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on
                  > Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android?
                  I've searched but haven't found
                  > anything yet.
                  >
                  > You do
                  not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor
                  > that you can use any flash viewer with.

                  With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5
                  > gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming
                  with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the
                  > screen.

                  Hans

                  > '
                  > '
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > >
                  > > Pete
                  > >

                  > > Peter Stephens
                  Photography

                  href="http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen">http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen> Try free scan!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 22 11:50 AM
                    Ok that's great...... probably why I couldn't find any app's then. Thanks for your help :-)

                    On 22 Sep 2011, at 19:28, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Hans,
                    >
                    > Can images be stored on the smart phone for offline use though?

                    Yes no problem. You can just transfer them to the SD card by USB from your computer.
                    You just make your portfolio as a standard webpage and open it in the browser.

                    The link to the card should be file;///sdcard/your-panos
                    At least that how it is on my Android HTC Desire Z

                    Hans

                    > Peter Stephens Photography
                    > www.peterstephens.co.uk
                    >

                    > On 22 Sep 2011, at 18:50, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi,
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.
                    > >
                    > > You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.
                    > >
                    > > With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.
                    > >
                    > > Hans
                    > >
                    > > '
                    > > '
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks,
                    > > >
                    > > > Pete
                    > > >

                    > > > Peter Stephens Photography
                    > > > www.peterstephens.co.uk

                  • Thomas Krüger
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 23 2:13 AM
                      Found this one: http://www.ffsf.de/showthread.php?t=14211
                      http://www.j-k-s.com/test/PanoView.apk

                    • Isaac Garcia
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 23 2:30 AM
                        Interesting, need to load a few images when I get home to see if my Hero can move the panos.

                        Cheers from Madrid.

                        Isaac.

                        On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...> wrote:
                        Found this one: http://www.ffsf.de/showthread.php?t=14211
                        http://www.j-k-s.com/test/PanoView.apk

                        <*> Your email settings:
                           Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                           (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                           PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        --
                        Isaac García

                        http://www.coletassoft.com
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletassoft
                        http://www.facebook.com/coletassoft
                        http://twitter.com/coletassoft
                        http://coletassoft.tumblr.com/
                        http://coletassoft.deviantART.com

                        JFGI | RTFM
                      • prague
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 25 11:46 PM
                          Hans,

                          how do you view flash panos in the local file viewer on an android phone? I admit I haven't tried very hard.

                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi,
                          > >
                          > > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.
                          >

                          > You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.
                          >
                          > With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.
                          >
                          > Hans
                          >
                          > '
                          > '
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > >
                          > > Pete
                          > >

                          > > Peter Stephens Photography
                          > > www.peterstephens.co.uk

                        • Hans
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 26 1:31 AM
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

                            > Hans,
                            >
                            > how do you view flash panos in the local file viewer on an android phone? I admit I haven't tried very hard.

                            Already answered
                            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/51670

                            But you do not use any file viewer just any of the browsers that support flash,
                            the standard browser is fine. Just ad a bookmark to your panorama portfolio startpage on the SD Card.

                            Dolphin is also an OK browser for flash.

                            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Peter Stephens - PanoTools NG list <panotoolsng@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hi,
                            > > >
                            > > > I'm might replace my iPhone for an android phone, possibly the Samsung Galaxy 2 - not sure yet. I use the pangerVR app on my iPhone for displaying my 360vr images but doesn't look like this works on Android. Are there any nice apps for displaying 360vr's on android? I've searched but haven't found anything yet.
                            > >

                            > > You do not need any app at all. Android 2.3 supports flash and the Galaxy 2 is a very fast processor that you can use any flash viewer with.
                            > >
                            > > With KRPano you can see even very large multirow panoramas and also Gigapixel up to at least 5 gigapixel if they are made so that they support zooming with a zoom buttonlarge enough for the screen.
                            > >
                            > > Hans
                            > >
                            > > '
                            > > '
                            > > >
                            > > > Thanks,
                            > > >
                            > > > Pete
                            > > >

                            > > > Peter Stephens Photography
                            > > > www.peterstephens.co.uk

                          • Richard
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 21, 2013
                              Anyone use, PhotolRemote app on their android phone to shoot HDR's.
                              I have a Sony A55 and am looking for a HRD trigger.
                              Richard

                              https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wegroo.ircamshooter#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIxMiwiY29tLndlZ3Jvby5pcmNhbXNob290ZXIiXQ..
                            • Isaac Garcia

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 21, 2013
                                  Am 21.01.2013 18:21, schrieb Richard:
                                  > Anyone use, PhotolRemote app on their android phone to shoot HDR's.

                                  You know that this is a bulb mode solution, which doesn't allow for fast
                                  exposure times? Depending from you camera the limit is between 1/200s
                                  and 1/4s (!).

                                  See http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control