RE: [PanoToolsNG] Virtual Tour Comparisons

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011

      I use KRpano with the frontend Kolor puts out – speeds up the work quite a bit.

      I also use Flashificator with FPP and even Pano2VR – depends on the customer’s needs.

      Most just want one or two panos, so I can produce them in Pano2VR, plus with its new multiresolution option, it’s a great solution for simple panos.

      I used Tourweaver years ago, but they really are priced out of the ballpark.  Tech support is average and sometimes difficult to understand – they are China based. That may have improved today, but the price – even the upgrades – are crazy expensive.

      Rick Drew

    • robert
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "schwaikum" <pano@...> wrote:

        > Is there a website that does a good job of comparing virtual tour software? I've been away from panoramic photography for a few years and am now getting back into it. A client just asked me to produce a virtual tour for web presentation. I previously used 3DVista (only for CD presentation) but now am looking at TourWeaver and PanoTour. I just do not have the time to download and test all the trial versions.
        >
        > I am a big fan of both PTgui and Pano2VR (and Spi-V, previously), so I am hoping to find something that fits in well with those two powerful yet affordable programs.
        >
        > Any suggestions are appreciated!
        >
        > Kevin

        It's just become so complicated. you need to define what you need to do on what platforms, even by device within platforms. Without that basis, any program will do. bable :)

        Robert
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011
          Huh? With that logic there's only krpano though I've been programming for the last six months instead of shooting. No regrets! I came from fpp.

          Sacha

          On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:57 PM, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "schwaikum" <pano@...> wrote:

          > Is there a website that does a good job of comparing virtual tour software? I've been away from panoramic photography for a few years and am now getting back into it. A client just asked me to produce a virtual tour for web presentation. I previously used 3DVista (only for CD presentation) but now am looking at TourWeaver and PanoTour. I just do not have the time to download and test all the trial versions.
          >
          > I am a big fan of both PTgui and Pano2VR (and Spi-V, previously), so I am hoping to find something that fits in well with those two powerful yet affordable programs.
          >
          > Any suggestions are appreciated!
          >
          > Kevin

          It's just become so complicated. you need to define what you need to do on what platforms, even by device within platforms. Without that basis, any program will do. bable :)

          Robert

        • schwaikum
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
            Thanks everyone for the input - especially for steering me away from Tourweaver. Felt all along that it was ridiculously expensive. I've been doing a lot of research comparing 360 web sites and krpano seems to keep popping up. It it nice to know what the standard and high end programs are.

            Kevin