Re: [PanoToolsNG] Virtual Tour Comparisons

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011
      FPP combined with FFC makes it possible to create the world's most impressive tour creations without any coding skills:

      http://flashificator.com
      http://flashpanoramas.com

      Complete multi-node tours in seconds.

      Make customized tours in minutes/hours... which may take days or weeks in hand-coding,

      Trausti

      2011/9/9 L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...>

      Krpano is great, but has a steep learning curve. Before krpano, we used Tourweaver at my studio for a couple of months, it is very easy to use but not as powerful.

      2011/9/9 Ben Knill <benknill@...>

      krpano seems to be the standard these days.

      On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM, schwaikum <pano@...> wrote:

      Is there a website that does a good job of comparing virtual tour software? I've been away from panoramic photography for a few years and am now getting back into it. A client just asked me to produce a virtual tour for web presentation. I previously used 3DVista (only for CD presentation) but now am looking at TourWeaver and PanoTour. I just do not have the time to download and test all the trial versions.

      I am a big fan of both PTgui and Pano2VR (and Spi-V, previously), so I am hoping to find something that fits in well with those two powerful yet affordable programs.

      Any suggestions are appreciated!

      Kevin

      --
      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...

    • Rick Drew
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011

        I use KRpano with the frontend Kolor puts out – speeds up the work quite a bit.

        I also use Flashificator with FPP and even Pano2VR – depends on the customer’s needs.

        Most just want one or two panos, so I can produce them in Pano2VR, plus with its new multiresolution option, it’s a great solution for simple panos.

        I used Tourweaver years ago, but they really are priced out of the ballpark.  Tech support is average and sometimes difficult to understand – they are China based. That may have improved today, but the price – even the upgrades – are crazy expensive.

        Rick Drew

      • robert
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "schwaikum" <pano@...> wrote:

          > Is there a website that does a good job of comparing virtual tour software? I've been away from panoramic photography for a few years and am now getting back into it. A client just asked me to produce a virtual tour for web presentation. I previously used 3DVista (only for CD presentation) but now am looking at TourWeaver and PanoTour. I just do not have the time to download and test all the trial versions.
          >
          > I am a big fan of both PTgui and Pano2VR (and Spi-V, previously), so I am hoping to find something that fits in well with those two powerful yet affordable programs.
          >
          > Any suggestions are appreciated!
          >
          > Kevin

          It's just become so complicated. you need to define what you need to do on what platforms, even by device within platforms. Without that basis, any program will do. bable :)

          Robert
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 9, 2011
            Huh? With that logic there's only krpano though I've been programming for the last six months instead of shooting. No regrets! I came from fpp.

            Sacha

            On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:57 PM, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "schwaikum" <pano@...> wrote:

            > Is there a website that does a good job of comparing virtual tour software? I've been away from panoramic photography for a few years and am now getting back into it. A client just asked me to produce a virtual tour for web presentation. I previously used 3DVista (only for CD presentation) but now am looking at TourWeaver and PanoTour. I just do not have the time to download and test all the trial versions.
            >
            > I am a big fan of both PTgui and Pano2VR (and Spi-V, previously), so I am hoping to find something that fits in well with those two powerful yet affordable programs.
            >
            > Any suggestions are appreciated!
            >
            > Kevin

            It's just become so complicated. you need to define what you need to do on what platforms, even by device within platforms. Without that basis, any program will do. bable :)

            Robert

          • schwaikum
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 15, 2011
              Thanks everyone for the input - especially for steering me away from Tourweaver. Felt all along that it was ridiculously expensive. I've been doing a lot of research comparing 360 web sites and krpano seems to keep popping up. It it nice to know what the standard and high end programs are.

              Kevin