Editing makefiles

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
      Am trying to get a makefile to stitch EXR files into a 360x180 panorama.
      I have just about cracked it, however am stuck and need some help from a person who understands the scripting well.

      In the script, nona is called with the right settings, except the output file is missing its numbering and file extension.
      For other scripts that I have, the scripting wizardry populates that information somehow.

      After nona commands complete, enfuse runs with correct input filenames, however the previous nona operations have not created files with the correct names.

      I have attached the script.

      The first line that exhibits this issue has this syntax:
      9no\ nadir0000.exr : E:/Photos/Panos/Opera\ House/HDR0.exr $(PROJECT_FILE)
      $(NONA) $(NONA_OPTS) $(NONA_LDR_REMAPPED_COMP) -r ldr -m EXR -o $(LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL) -i 0 $(PROJECT_FILE_SHELL)

      This executes on the command line as:
      "Hugin/bin/nona" -r ldr -m EXR -o "9no nadir" -i 0 "E:/Photos/Panos/Opera House/9no nadir EXR.pto"

      This executes OK, however the output parameter should be -o "9no nadir0000.exr" instead.
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
        The EXR make script can be found at this location:
        http://df.arcs.org.au/quickshare/c96cbae46ca6f0ec/9no%20nadir%20EXR.pto.mk

        The areas of concern are commented. Search for ** to quickly navigate to them.

        In case it is needed, here is the PTO file associated with this make file:
        http://df.arcs.org.au/quickshare/2445b8740de77c2a/9no%20nadir%20EXR.pto

        This is probably something that I have grown blind to after an hour trying to spot the issue.

        Thanks in advance.
      • Adrien Fontvielle
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
          In your command line
          $(NONA) $(NONA_OPTS) $(NONA_LDR_REMAPPED_COMP) -r ldr -m EXR -o $(LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL) -i 0 $(PROJECT_FILE_SHELL)
          you use
          $(LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL) as an argument to -o (output)
          which is defined line 39 as
          LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL="9no nadir"
          so the output name you get...

          what you want is to have the output have the name of the target which is "9no\ nadir0000.exr " in this case:
          9no\ nadir0000.exr : E:/Photos/Panos/Opera\ House/HDR0.exr $(PROJECT_FILE)
              $(NONA) $(NONA_OPTS) $(NONA_LDR_REMAPPED_COMP) -r ldr -m EXR -o $(LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL) -i 0 $(PROJECT_FILE_SHELL)

          What I would try is to put $@ instead of $(LDR_REMAPPED_PREFIX_SHELL) :
          9no\ nadir0000.exr : E:/Photos/Panos/Opera\ House/HDR0.exr $(PROJECT_FILE)
              $(NONA) $(NONA_OPTS) $(NONA_LDR_REMAPPED_COMP) -r ldr -m EXR -o $@ -i 0 $(PROJECT_FILE_SHELL)

          What is more, if you do this often it could be worth digging a bit into scripting language to avoid copying all the names of your files (9no\ nadirXXXX.exr) which could be done using some basic for or while loop. It will certainly avoid you a lot of pain in the future.

          Adrien Fontvielle

          2011/9/9 Richard <richard_j_powell@...>

          The EXR make script can be found at this location:
          http://df.arcs.org.au/quickshare/c96cbae46ca6f0ec/9no%20nadir%20EXR.pto.mk

          The areas of concern are commented. Search for ** to quickly navigate to them.

          In case it is needed, here is the PTO file associated with this make file:
          http://df.arcs.org.au/quickshare/2445b8740de77c2a/9no%20nadir%20EXR.pto

          This is probably something that I have grown blind to after an hour trying to spot the issue.

          Thanks in advance.

        • Bruno Postle
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2011
            On Fri 09-Sep-2011 at 12:25 -0000, Richard wrote:
            >Am trying to get a makefile to stitch EXR files into a 360x180 panorama.
            >I have just about cracked it, however am stuck and need some help from a person who understands the scripting well.
            >
            >In the script, nona is called with the right settings, except the output file is missing its numbering and file extension.
            >For other scripts that I have, the scripting wizardry populates that information somehow.
            >
            >After nona commands complete, enfuse runs with correct input filenames, however the previous nona operations have not created files with the correct names.
            >
            >I have attached the script.

            >This executes on the command line as:
            >"Hugin/bin/nona" -r ldr -m EXR -o "9no nadir" -i 0 "E:/Photos/Panos/Opera House/9no nadir EXR.pto"

            >This executes OK, however the output parameter should be -o "9no nadir0000.exr" instead.

            Are you sure this is your problem? The -i 0 parameter tells nona to
            render just the first photo in the project, in this case nona
            automatically appends 0000 to the filename. i.e. I would expect this
            command to create a file called "9no nadir0000.exr".

            Though the command still looks a bit messed-up: -r ldr -m EXR, do
            you really want an LDR EXR file?

            Is there any reason why you can't use Hugin or pto2mk to create the
            Makefile?

            --
            Bruno
          • Richard
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 9, 2011
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:

              > On Fri 09-Sep-2011 at 12:25 -0000, Richard wrote:
              > >Am trying to get a makefile to stitch EXR files into a 360x180 panorama.
              > >I have just about cracked it, however am stuck and need some help from a person who understands the scripting well.
              > >
              > >In the script, nona is called with the right settings, except the output file is missing its numbering and file extension.
              > >For other scripts that I have, the scripting wizardry populates that information somehow.
              > >
              > >After nona commands complete, enfuse runs with correct input filenames, however the previous nona operations have not created files with the correct names.
              > >
              > >I have attached the script.
              >
              > >This executes on the command line as:
              > >"Hugin/bin/nona" -r ldr -m EXR -o "9no nadir" -i 0 "E:/Photos/Panos/Opera House/9no nadir EXR.pto"
              >
              > >This executes OK, however the output parameter should be -o "9no nadir0000.exr" instead.
              >
              > Are you sure this is your problem? The -i 0 parameter tells nona to
              > render just the first photo in the project, in this case nona
              > automatically appends 0000 to the filename. i.e. I would expect this
              > command to create a file called "9no nadir0000.exr".
              The line containing this parameter is just one line take from the output log.

              > Though the command still looks a bit messed-up: -r ldr -m EXR, do
              > you really want an LDR EXR file?
              No it should be -r hdr -m EXR_m

              > Is there any reason why you can't use Hugin or pto2mk to create the
              > Makefile?

              I originally tried this and couldn't get the project to stitch with the makefile generated by Hugin. However, have changed some parameters used a newer version of Hugin, and it works better by default.

              Now I am back to a bug in nona which turns each 15000kb EXR file into a 700kb all black output file :-(