Re: Video Hotspot example

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
      Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
      > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels

      I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
      Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
      that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
      due to license issues. But this might change soon...

    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 8, 2011
        Thank you, Erik.
        Lightworks looks very promising.
        Only drawback is, it seems to allow only standard formats like 3:4 and 16:9. How lame is that?
        For our panorama work we would need free proportions of any size.

        > Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
        > > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels
        >
        > I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
        > Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
        > that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
        > due to license issues. But this might change soon...
        >
        > --
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 10, 2011
          Get After Effects.
          It supports Alpha channels and can export FLV movies directly. That's how I made the video hotspot in the Barbados pano. After Effects will also make it easy to match the colors, and once you get into it you will find a million other things it can do. There's very little sense in learning a tool for one particular purpose, and have the capabilities of that tool already exhausted. After Effects is something you can grow into.

          Blochi

          On Sep 7, 2011, at 11:50 AM, jrgen_schrader wrote:

          I just haven't found the right tools, any input is highly appreciated.