Re: Video Hotspot example

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
      It's a so called distorted video hotspot in Krpano.

      It's nothing special. All you need is a photocamera that als records video and some editing and converter software.

      Of course the workflow to get it properly done is kind of intricate and for a novice user it would need some workshop lessons.

      Cheers
      Jürgen

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "rj_profile2004" <4x9@...> wrote:

      > great fun, well done.... and how do you do that?
      >
      > ;-)

    • Sodhi.K.S
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
        Seen all your work, Amazing is the only word that comes to my mind. You are undoubtedly the master of your craft. No achievement comes without hard work and perseverance.
        I also appreciate the perfection to which you seem to have made use of HDR in your images. G R E A T  W O R K.
        Warm Regards,
        Sodhi.KS

        Hotels & Industrial Photographer
        www.sodhisphotography.com
        Regular, Panaromas, 360deg & Virtual

        With us Photography is a Passion !

        Mob : 09891151165
                   09971299822

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
          I can understand and accept the terrible limitations that are offered by using the iDevice options (no alpha channel use amongst many other things)... but why didn't you blend the video better in, using alpha channel or a mask, to improve the display for those who use fully capable systems with Flash?  The concept is nice, but for me it is somewhat ruined by being too obvious due to the difference in contrast.

          Trausti

          On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...> wrote:

          Absolutely!
          I also tried a version with the water but for that I one would need to use an alphachannel on the video to make the border of the video frame less visible.
          Which would work well for a desktop pano (if I had a virdeo editor that would export directly to FLV) and would not work on iPad as this uses only m4v which afaik can't make use of alpha channels.

          But the future is bright ;)

          Jürgen

        • jrgen_schrader
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
            Yes, agreed.
            In the first run I wanted to create this as a proof of concept and to get used to the workflow. Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels and exports directly to fly.
            Dunno if QT can handle alphachannels. In this case I could try to export QT from FCE and convert it with QTRPO. But I would prefer to stay with everything on my desktop PC. I just haven't found the right tools, any input is highly appreciated.

            Jürgen

            > I can understand and accept the terrible limitations that are offered by
            > using the iDevice options (no alpha channel use amongst many other
            > things)... but why didn't you blend the video better in, using alpha channel
            > or a mask, to improve the display for those who use fully capable systems
            > with Flash? The concept is nice, but for me it is somewhat ruined by being
            > too obvious due to the difference in contrast.
            >
            > Trausti
            >

            > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Absolutely!
            > > I also tried a version with the water but for that I one would need to use
            > > an alphachannel on the video to make the border of the video frame less
            > > visible.
            > > Which would work well for a desktop pano (if I had a virdeo editor that
            > > would export directly to FLV) and would not work on iPad as this uses only
            > > m4v which afaik can't make use of alpha channels.
            > >
            > > But the future is bright ;)
            > >
            > > Jürgen

          • Ian Wood
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
              Yes, but only with some codecs and I can't remember which ones. Maybe animation? Plus the app needs to support alpha channels in video.

              Ian

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels

                I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
                Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
                that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
                due to license issues. But this might change soon...

              • jrgen_schrader
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 8, 2011
                  Thank you, Erik.
                  Lightworks looks very promising.
                  Only drawback is, it seems to allow only standard formats like 3:4 and 16:9. How lame is that?
                  For our panorama work we would need free proportions of any size.

                  > Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                  > > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels
                  >
                  > I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
                  > Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
                  > that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
                  > due to license issues. But this might change soon...
                  >
                  > --
                  > Erik Krause
                  > http://www.erik-krause.de

                • Christian Bloch
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 10, 2011
                    Get After Effects.
                    It supports Alpha channels and can export FLV movies directly. That's how I made the video hotspot in the Barbados pano. After Effects will also make it easy to match the colors, and once you get into it you will find a million other things it can do. There's very little sense in learning a tool for one particular purpose, and have the capabilities of that tool already exhausted. After Effects is something you can grow into.

                    Blochi