Re: [PanoToolsNG] Video Hotspot example

  • Arie de Ruiter
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
      Subtle! An excellent way to show the additional value of video in a panorama

      Arie de Ruiter

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
        C.O.O.L !!!

        :-)
        cheers

        On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...> wrote:
        As not everyone from this great group is following FB I also post the result of my latest experiment here. It was created as a panorama with an easter egg. Which means, while trying to find out what's so special about it you're on your own ;)

        http://s3.bavaria360.de.s3.amazonaws.com/muehle/muehle.html

        Enjoy
        Jürgen

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --

        + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP

      • rj_profile2004
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
          great fun, well done.... and how do you do that?

          ;-)
        • marty
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011

            > As not everyone from this great group is following FB I also post the result of my latest experiment here. It was created as a panorama with an easter egg. Which means, while trying to find out what's so special about it you're on your own ;)
            >
            > http://s3.bavaria360.de.s3.amazonaws.com/muehle/muehle.html
            >
            > Enjoy
            > Jürgen

            Hi Jürgen,
            more action, more wheels, I want more.
            Very nice.
            Marty
          • Briar
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011

              That is SO clever!!

              Won´t comment more to avoid spoiling the "surprise".

              2011/9/6 jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>

              As not everyone from this great group is following FB I also post the result of my latest experiment here. It was created as a panorama with an easter egg. Which means, while trying to find out what's so special about it you're on your own ;)

              http://s3.bavaria360.de.s3.amazonaws.com/muehle/muehle.html

              Enjoy
              Jürgen

              --
              L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              felipe@...

            • jrgen_schrader
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
                Absolutely!
                I also tried a version with the water but for that I one would need to use an alphachannel on the video to make the border of the video frame less visible.
                Which would work well for a desktop pano (if I had a virdeo editor that would export directly to FLV) and would not work on iPad as this uses only m4v which afaik can't make use of alpha channels.

                But the future is bright ;)

                Jürgen

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "marty" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                > >
                > > As not everyone from this great group is following FB I also post the result of my latest experiment here. It was created as a panorama with an easter egg. Which means, while trying to find out what's so special about it you're on your own ;)
                > >
                > > http://s3.bavaria360.de.s3.amazonaws.com/muehle/muehle.html
                > >
                > > Enjoy
                > > Jürgen
                > >
                > Hi Jürgen,
                > more action, more wheels, I want more.
                > Very nice.
                > Marty

              • Sodhi.K.S
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 6, 2011
                  That is excellent work Jürgen, would love to see some more of your creativity.

                  Warm Regards,
                  Sodhi.KS

                  Hotels & Industrial Photographer
                  www.sodhisphotography.com
                  Regular, Panaromas, 360deg & Virtual

                  With us Photography is a Passion !

                  Mob : 09891151165
                             09971299822

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                    Thank you, Sodhi.
                    The first one here is also very special:
                    http://www.schrader-air.de/bavaria360/

                    Cheers
                    Jürgen

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sodhi.K.S" <criticalangles@...> wrote:

                    > That is excellent work Jürgen, would love to see some more of your creativity.
                    >
                    > Warm Regards,
                    > Sodhi.KS
                    >
                    > Hotels & Industrial Photographer
                    > www.sodhisphotography.com
                    > Regular, Panaromas, 360deg & Virtual
                    >
                    > With us Photography is a Passion !
                    >
                    > Mob : 09891151165
                    >            09971299822
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • jrgen_schrader
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                      It's a so called distorted video hotspot in Krpano.

                      It's nothing special. All you need is a photocamera that als records video and some editing and converter software.

                      Of course the workflow to get it properly done is kind of intricate and for a novice user it would need some workshop lessons.

                      Cheers
                      Jürgen

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "rj_profile2004" <4x9@...> wrote:

                      > great fun, well done.... and how do you do that?
                      >
                      > ;-)

                    • Sodhi.K.S
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                        Seen all your work, Amazing is the only word that comes to my mind. You are undoubtedly the master of your craft. No achievement comes without hard work and perseverance.
                        I also appreciate the perfection to which you seem to have made use of HDR in your images. G R E A T  W O R K.

                      • Trausti Hraunfjord

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                            Yes, agreed.
                            In the first run I wanted to create this as a proof of concept and to get used to the workflow. Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels and exports directly to fly.
                            Dunno if QT can handle alphachannels. In this case I could try to export QT from FCE and convert it with QTRPO. But I would prefer to stay with everything on my desktop PC. I just haven't found the right tools, any input is highly appreciated.

                            Jürgen

                            > I can understand and accept the terrible limitations that are offered by
                            > using the iDevice options (no alpha channel use amongst many other
                            > things)... but why didn't you blend the video better in, using alpha channel
                            > or a mask, to improve the display for those who use fully capable systems
                            > with Flash? The concept is nice, but for me it is somewhat ruined by being
                            > too obvious due to the difference in contrast.
                            >
                            > Trausti
                            >

                            > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>wrote:
                            >
                            > > **
                            > >

                            > > Absolutely!
                            > > I also tried a version with the water but for that I one would need to use
                            > > an alphachannel on the video to make the border of the video frame less
                            > > visible.
                            > > Which would work well for a desktop pano (if I had a virdeo editor that
                            > > would export directly to FLV) and would not work on iPad as this uses only
                            > > m4v which afaik can't make use of alpha channels.
                            > >
                            > > But the future is bright ;)
                            > >
                            > > Jürgen

                          • Ian Wood
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                              Yes, but only with some codecs and I can't remember which ones. Maybe animation? Plus the app needs to support alpha channels in video.

                              Ian

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 7, 2011
                                Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                                > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels

                                I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
                                Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
                                that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
                                due to license issues. But this might change soon...

                              • jrgen_schrader
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 8, 2011
                                  Thank you, Erik.
                                  Lightworks looks very promising.
                                  Only drawback is, it seems to allow only standard formats like 3:4 and 16:9. How lame is that?
                                  For our panorama work we would need free proportions of any size.

                                  > Am 07.09.2011 20:50, schrieb jrgen_schrader:
                                  > > Only link missing here is an (affordable) video editor that is capable of alphachannels
                                  >
                                  > I don't know exactly, but I think lightworks supports alpha channels.
                                  > Lightworks will be open source soon, it is free now. The downside is,
                                  > that as long as it isn't really open source it has limited codec support
                                  > due to license issues. But this might change soon...
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Erik Krause
                                  > http://www.erik-krause.de

                                • Christian Bloch
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 10, 2011
                                    Get After Effects.
                                    It supports Alpha channels and can export FLV movies directly. That's how I made the video hotspot in the Barbados pano. After Effects will also make it easy to match the colors, and once you get into it you will find a million other things it can do. There's very little sense in learning a tool for one particular purpose, and have the capabilities of that tool already exhausted. After Effects is something you can grow into.

                                    Blochi