Canon 8-15mm 2 shot pano test

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2011
      Canon 5d2, Canon 8-15mm lens @ 8mm, f/4, panorama test shot done with 2 shots.
      This was done on a monopod, may be able to do a better job using a trypod.
      http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/2shots.html

      Roger Berry
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
        It looks like with a tripod, you should be able to do this quite well. Are
        you correcting for light falloff when you convert from RAW? If so, it would
        be interesting to see if a more aggressive approach would make for a cleaner
        seam.

        Thanks for posting the sample!

        Mark

        www.northernlight.net
        www.virtual-travels.com
        www.pinnacle-vr.com

      • onezebra1
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
          With Photoshop I adjusted the lens vignetting to Amount +100, Midpoint 0.
          I was able to add some more control points where the tree and house is and I also cropped it a little tighter.
          But now I'm getting a distortion in the center of the lens using PTGui, I've had this distortion problem happen a number of times when trying to stitch with this 2 shot setup.
          http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/2shots4.html

          Roger Berry