Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panasonic fisheye on m43?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2011
      I agree...

      Silkypix is fairly easy to use but the raw conversion really sucks. Too much noise and if you correct the noise, the detail is lost. NeatImage does a pretty good job of saving the image but shooting JPEG makes much better images -- on my LX3.

      Hans wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:
      >> You can download 2 sets here.
      >> http://www.panoramas.dk/test/panasonic8-g3.zip
      >>
      >> Note that these are from camera JPG.
      >> I have also used RAW but I do not like the Silkypix raw converter which I need to use as Camera Raw is not updated yet for the G3.
      [stuff deleted]
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 31, 2011

        > I agree...
        >
        > Silkypix is fairly easy to use but the raw conversion really sucks. Too much noise and if you correct the noise, the detail is lost. NeatImage does a pretty good job of saving the image but shooting JPEG makes much better images -- on my LX3.

        Actually Adobe just released a beta. Just found it.
        http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cameraraw6-5.html

        Hans

        > Hans wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@> wrote:
        > >> You can download 2 sets here.
        > >> http://www.panoramas.dk/test/panasonic8-g3.zip
        > >>
        > >> Note that these are from camera JPG.
        > >> I have also used RAW but I do not like the Silkypix raw converter which I need to use as Camera Raw is not updated yet for the G3.
        > [stuff deleted]

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 31, 2011
          I wish I could afford Adobe products....