Re: [PanoToolsNG] Google Earth on iOS?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
      På Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:38:12 +0200, skrev Ian Wood <panolists@...>:

      > On 30 Aug 2011, at 14:30, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
      >
      >> Anyway, as the GE entrance apparently is the one the visitors use the most, I was wondering if GE is at all available for iPad/Phones?
      >
      > http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/google-earth/id293622097?mt=8
      >
      > For a couple of years already. I'm pretty sure it doesn't show the 360Cities/panorama layer, unlike the desktop version.

      Thanks :)
      It doesn't mention anything about (textured/grey) 3D buildings, which I suppose means that it is not supported?
      Which kind of makes using GE as entry point less attractive I guess? ;)

      I can't remember that I've seen anything about viewing Java panos on iOS? Is it possible, like with Pureplayers jar?

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
        On 30 Aug 2011, at 15:24, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:

        > I can't remember that I've seen anything about viewing Java panos on iOS? Is it possible, like with Pureplayers jar?

        No browser plugins of any kind on iOS. No Java, no Flash, not even QuickTime (apart from natively-supported h264 video).

        Ian
      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2011
          På Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:42:07 +0200, skrev Ian Wood <panolists@...>:

          > On 30 Aug 2011, at 15:24, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          >
          >> I can't remember that I've seen anything about viewing Java panos on iOS? Is it possible, like with Pureplayers jar?
          >
          > No browser plugins of any kind on iOS. No Java, no Flash, not even QuickTime (apart from natively-supported h264 video).

          And no 3D buildings in GE then?

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.