[Mod] Attachments

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2011
      Hello List members,

      as of now attachments sent to the PanotoolsNG list are permitted.

      No fears: Attachments will not be sent directly to the members. Instead
      a link is presented in the email and the web interface and the
      attachment is kept on the Yahoo server. Although we have 100GB space
      please use this feature responsibly. Don't mess with unnecessary images
      etc.

      Copyright

      Please read carefully the Yahoo terms of service at
      -> http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html
      Especially read paragraph 9. of the Terms of Service. Don't attach
      copyrighted content if you don't accept the conditions.

      The stored attachments are kept in Yahoo server Attachments section:

      for the PanotoolsNG moderators
    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2011
        On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:06 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

        Hello List members,

        as of now attachments sent to the PanotoolsNG list are permitted.

        No fears: Attachments will not be sent directly to the members. Instead
        a link is presented in the email and the web interface and the
        attachment is kept on the Yahoo server. Although we have 100GB space
        please use this feature responsibly. Don't mess with unnecessary images
        etc.

        Copyright

        Please read carefully the Yahoo terms of service at
        -> http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html
        Especially read paragraph 9. of the Terms of Service. Don't attach
        copyrighted content if you don't accept the conditions.

        The stored attachments are kept in Yahoo server Attachments section:

        Thank you, Erik. I read the terms of service but couldn't find how to (or whether one can) delete linked attachments. I would often value group opinions on a panorama but wouldn't want to leave it there taking up space indefinitely. Perhaps this is reserved to list owners or moderators?

        Roger W.
      • Carl von Einem
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
          Posted by: "Roger D Williams" on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:24 pm ((PDT))
          > On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:06 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
          >> > Hello List members,
          >> >
          >> > as of now attachments sent to the PanotoolsNG list are permitted.
          >> > The stored attachments are kept in Yahoo server Attachments section:
          >
          > Thank you, Erik. I read the terms of service but couldn't find how to
          > (or whether one can) delete linked attachments. I would often value
          > group opinions on a panorama but wouldn't want to leave it there taking
          > up space indefinitely. Perhaps this is reserved to list owners or
          > moderators?

          I assume that also the owner of the file can delete his/her attachments.
          We just need someone with standard rights to try it out. So not you,
          Roger... ;-)

          Carl
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
            Am 29.08.2011 15:43, schrieb Carl von Einem:

            > I assume that also the owner of the file can delete his/her attachments.
            > We just need someone with standard rights to try it out. So not you,
            > Roger...;-)

            And not me ;-) Willy, could you say something?

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
              Am 28.08.2011 22:06, schrieb Erik Krause:

              > No fears: Attachments will not be sent directly to the members.

              Hmm... Although the yahoo page clearly says: "Store on site (exclude
              from emails)" Willy`s test attachment shows up as inline attachment
              which got downloaded together with the mail.

              Yahoo help <http://tinyurl.com/3rtlefm> says: "When a group is set to
              store attachments on site, there is one circumstance under which an
              attachment will be sent to members via email instead of being stored on
              the site: in the event that Yahoo! Groups is having problems storing the
              file, it will be sent via email to prevent it from being lost.

              If you received an email with an attachment even though your group is
              set to store attachments online, this is likely the cause, and the issue
              should correct itself soon."

              Let's hope they are right...

            • Willy Kaemena
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
                but the original attachment was heavily reduced in size.

                Willy

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
                  Am 29.08.2011 21:04, schrieb Willy Kaemena:
                  > but the original attachment was heavily reduced in size.

                  What was the original size? And do you get an option to delete on
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/attachments/folder/0/list
                  ?

                • Willy Kaemena
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
                    original size was 2Mb and yes I could / I deleted it already...;-)

                    Willy

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 29, 2011
                      Am 29.08.2011 21:29, schrieb Willy Kaemena:
                      > original size was 2Mb and yes I could / I deleted it already...;-)

                      I meant the original pixel size. However, thanks for the test!