Anti-static (something) for lenses?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2011
      It's really dry and there's a lot of pollen and fine dust where I live. My lens seems to attract a lot of those things in seconds and the pollen and dust can cause awful lens flare artifacts.

      Is there any thing like an anti-static spray or coating for lenses? I found some with google but are they safe for lenses?

      http://www.cclearinc.com/lens-cleaning-solution.htm

      How do you all deal with floating pollen and dust?
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2011
        Am 26.08.2011 20:14, schrieb Ken Warner:
        > Is there any thing like an anti-static spray or coating for lenses?
        > I found some with google but are they safe for lenses?

        You won't need anti-static for glass lenses since glass is anti-static
        by itself. Simply blow away the dust, eventually brush it away using a
        very soft brush with natural hair (don't touch the hair with your
        fingers, it will get greasy!). If necessary clean the lens with a clean
        micro fiber cloth. For fingerprints I use a Lens Pen...