Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Will iOS get Flash now? / Finally found the article Steve did..

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2011
      This has been a most interesting discussion .. but it's really not solving the problem.. Just to get everyone up to speed again on why Apple doesn't use Flash.. Here's the url to Steve's statement.. http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/ You may be able to poke a few holes in it but clearly his reasons , while not in the best interest of some groups, appear to be in the best interest of Apple. I know many here aren't fans of Job and possibly Apple.. Their product vision has been both good and bad thru the years but they certainly have had vision.. Anyway.. were caught in a snapshot of time and all things will change... The new wave of iOS equipment is a huge step forward in technology.. Maybe we forget how truly significant this step is.. I just spent a week photographing Crow Fair on the Crow Reservation.. It's in the middle of nothing.. but they actually have a fairly solid wireless network there.. I watched a guy on a wagon in the parade check the weather on his iPad.. (took several pics of the guy) ..totally blew me away given where we were at. I now have wireless to my both my shack and my studio.... The tower is 12 miles away..this is not new but blows away the Satellite technology I had before.... Things are moving very fast.. Respectfully .. you could say it's about Apple not stepping up to using a software product.. or you could also say it's about Adobe not stepping up to the plate developing a product that really works and doing so on a time frame that supports the industry changes.... Flash was not designed to really work with the MAC OS.. that has been a well known fact for years.. It's really a PC / Microsoft development based effort..
      Anyway hunker down and solve the issues the best we can.. I think that's what is needed. Out of that will come further innovations for improvement..

      jimbo