Re: Pano Builder and/or Help Needed

  • amoscowdog
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yazan Sboul <yazansboul@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Tony,
      > The time lapse concept is great, very user friendly design as well.

      Thanks, unfortunately nothing came of it but it makes for a good sample.

      >I took a look at carrara 8, its not too expensive but the examples on the site are not very high quality. Do you know if it is capable of outputting the same kind of quality that maxwell can?

      There is a trial version you can download at http://www.daz3d.com/i/support/downloads?product=car_down

      I've been rendering out at 6,000 x 3,000 pixels but you can go much larger than that and they have the full complement of Ray Tracing and Illumination options.

      >I'm not actually able to any 3D modelling myself, I had a friend create the models when I was testing this concept and he used maxwell plus Rhino - I'm not sure which does the design and which does the rendering, but the quality was photographic.

      Rhino does modelling and rendering as well, Maxwell is a renderer.

      You can import a number of prebuilt models into Carrara and start from there.

      > I guess I'm asking is that due to skill, or are the examples for carrara simply the limit? In which case, could you/anyone recommend the next best software that will output an equirec?

      Skill has a huge part in creating great 3D renderings, far in excess of my beginner skills. However I've been able to use Carrara to create equirectangular sky maps and other environmental renderings to use in my panos.

      Tony