Re: bad panorama alignment

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy@...> wrote:
      > My panorama is lacking good alignment. :-(
      > Some pictures hanging on the wall has its frame broken, doorways
      > either.

      Alignment problems can be due to less than optimum setup of the panorama head and/or inexpert control of Hugin. With a well set up head, an experienced user might aim for an average control point distance of <1 and a maximum of 2-3, say. That should ensure a perfect stitch. If there are misalignments, placing extra control points in the vicinity should help the optimizer to correct these. If that doesn't help, it may be that parallax shift or subject movement is responsible. Horizontal line control points should only be used on line features that would be expected to be exactly horizontal as they appear in a correctly rendered output image.

      Without your images and project file it is hard to diagnose the likely cause of your problems. If you can upload the project file and images somewhere (half size jpegs will do), I'm sure that someone will be happy to investigate. If you haven't amy personal web space, you can use a free service such as http://www.ge.tt .

      > Another problem: I have this very old furniture made on wood with a
      > huge amount of brown tonalities. Hugin output (exposure corrected
      > LDR) make them look like I have a 256 color monitor. The piece looks
      > like tarnished. I tried 100% quality JPEG. No luck. Any hints?

      A better place to post this query would be the Hugin forum:

      http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

      John