Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panovision stole 10 of my panoramas

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 16 5:13 PM
      On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Mark D. Fink
      <markdfink@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I'm more than a little hesitant to upload one of my images, particularly
      > one
      > that I'm very concerned about being copied and used by others, to this
      > site.
      > Does anyone know how safe it is to upload to tineye.com? What's to stop
      > them
      > from distributing the image to others for unlicensed use? Or am I just
      > being
      > paranoid...

      Just saw this - a little late, I know, but I wanted to respond.

      How safe is TinEye? Very. They are a respected company (the company itself
      is Idée, based in Toronto) in the content-based indexing world, with a real
      presence, real employees, and a real market. Nice people, too. They sell
      their technology - search tools - into markets that are extraordinarily
      sensitive about their material - from three-letter agencies to Hollywood and
      many points in between - and would not risk their reputation to pilfer some
      thumbnails.

      I know, there are many fly-by-night, shady operations on the Web. Just
      wanted to chime in to say that TinEye/Idée isn't one of them. They have
      phenomenal technology, based on real R&D.

      Cheers -R