Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: How does the color look on this pano?

  • GTG Vierstra
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 8, 2011
      On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 05:30, Scott Witte <scottw@...> wrote:

      > Programs that use color management will use the profile when deciding
      > just how to display color managed images. If there is no color
      > management or if the image isn't tagged with a profile, they program
      > just sends the image to display with no adjustments.

      I have a Spyder express (Calibration) and a LG w2600 monitor (IPS), on
      Windows 7. (Nvidia GTX570)

      If I calibrate the monitor a color profile is generated, and used.
      This gives me calibrated images in profile aware applications, such as
      Photoshop and Firefox. Although the profile does something with
      brightness, the ordinary Desktop remains (color) uncalibrated. For me,
      with the Spyder software and Windows 7 its not like loading the
      profile in the video card and everything is calibrated, its only for
      color profile aware apps.

      As seems from previous posts, Flash can use color profiles. However,
      krpano doesn't seem to use it.

      Therefore, in my situation, colors are always other than
      "normal"...... comparing the jpg in PS or browser to the same jpg in
      flash.

      (anyways, I gave up on calibrating for now, I just fiddled a bit with
      the Nvidia control panel until it looked sort of OK (its an IPS panel,
      so it really needs calibrating), if someone would know how to create a
      fully calibrated Windows 7, I would be very happy)

      --
      best regards,

      G.T.G. Vierstra