Re: Sigma 8-16 and PTGUI

  • alfred.molon
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2011
      The amazing thing is this extremely wide angle of view. No other lens for APS-C cameras is as wide.

      The quality is high, both for what concerns the optics and the build.

      However I'm still learning how to use such a beast. For years I didn't care about extreme wide angle lenses, because I could achieve whatever angle of view with pano stitching, but this lens is a new avenue to photography. Instead of guessing what kind of shot you will get (as is the case with pano stiching), you can precisely frame and immediately see what the end result is.

      And once again, those 8mm are really amazing.

      Alfred