Re: The Mona Lisa Room less crowded

  • 3z
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 5 7:22 AM
      less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html

      > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
      > >
      > > John
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
      > > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
      > > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
      > > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
      > > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
      > > > * improving the colours and lighting
      > > > * Improving the nadir
      > > > * Sharpness
      > > >
      > > > The panorama is at :
      > > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
      > > >
      > > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
      > > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
      > > >
      > > > /Mahmood

    • MH
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 5 7:41 AM
        How on earth is this possible?
        Private photo session?

        /M

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:

        > less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
        > >
        > > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
        > > >
        > > > John

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 5 7:42 AM
          Chrome 12

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 5 7:58 AM
            Great job. Your shot is impressive handheld. The color, resolution and
            stitching are certainly superior.

            Possibly if you fix your html content in your template so there isn't a
            scrollbar there won't be a mousewheel issue. Even on an updated chrome, if
            you click the html, the mousewheel scrolls both the pano and the page.

            Perhaps put your google ads side by side or reduce the krpano by 75px.

            You're using a simple percentage, where it would be better to use 100%
            screenheight minus the space in px you need for the footer.

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5 8:08 AM
              MH wrote:
              > How on earth is this possible?
              > Private photo session?
              >
              > /M
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> less crowded:
              >> http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html

              Hi,
              They are closed on Mondays.
              A long time ago I was a student on art, in Paris. It was pretty easy to
              get an authorization to shoot paintings at Louvre, specially if you don't
              need lighting equipment (they don't need to have an electrician
              available). I was told to bring portable flash.
              Best regards,
              Fernando
            • Matthew Rogers - 360Precision
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 5 8:11 AM
                probably pay A LOT of money for the privilege.

                Matt

                On 5 Aug 2011, at 15:41, MH wrote:

                > How on earth is this possible?
                > Private photo session?
                >
                > /M
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html
                > >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.

              • Hans
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 5 8:13 AM

                  > Great job. Your shot is impressive handheld. The color, resolution and
                  > stitching are certainly superior.
                  >
                  > Possibly if you fix your html content in your template so there isn't a
                  > scrollbar there won't be a mousewheel issue. Even on an updated chrome, if
                  > you click the html, the mousewheel scrolls both the pano and the page.

                  Works perfect in Chrome 13.0.782.107

                  and in OPERA 11.5

                  Hans

                  > Perhaps put your google ads side by side or reduce the krpano by 75px.
                  >
                  > You're using a simple percentage, where it would be better to use 100%
                  > screenheight minus the space in px you need for the footer.

                • 3z
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 5 8:18 AM
                    actually we asked for permissions while shooting Arounder Paris, discussions and finally a multi-page legal agreement has been signed.
                    But this is nothing new, for many Arounder locations, theaters, museums etc.. we go through a permissions asking process, which in this case was probably the most long one.
                    all the best
                    marco