Re: [PanoToolsNG] The Mona Lisa Room

  • Erwin Goasguen
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2011
      In extension to what Sacha said, you'll have to prevent mousewheel event
      to be propagated to the browser.
      A few lines of javascript will make this possible.
      check here for example =>
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6677775/mousewheel-scroll-on-flash-content

      Le 05/08/2011 00:07, Sacha Griffin a écrit :

      > My wife was shocked at the reality of the crowds. What a madhouse!
      >
      > One thing that would be better considering this is your Mona Lisa Room,
      > would be to actually start at the mona lisa.. or at least provide a motion
      > that pans to it onstart.
      >
      > And I think there's some solution for the mousewheel so you don't scroll
      > both the page and krpano at the same time. Using the mousewheel to zoom is
      > super convenient however, when the whole page jerks like a fish, it's
      > not so
      > nice.
      >
      > Sacha Griffin

      > <http://www.seeit360.com> http://www.seeit360.com
      >
      > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
      >
      > <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
      >
      > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...
      > <mailto:sachagriffin007%40gmail.com>> sachagriffin007@...
      > <mailto:sachagriffin007%40gmail.com>
      >
      > Office: 404-551-4275
      >
      > GV: 404-665-9990
      >
      > From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011

        > My wife was shocked at the reality of the crowds. What a madhouse!
        >
        > One thing that would be better considering this is your Mona Lisa Room,
        > would be to actually start at the mona lisa.. or at least provide a motion
        > that pans to it onstart.
        >
        > And I think there's some solution for the mousewheel so you don't scroll
        > both the page and krpano at the same time. Using the mousewheel to zoom is
        > super convenient however, when the whole page jerks like a fish, it's not so
        > nice.

        I have no problem with this. What browser does this.

        Safari and Firefox zooms as it should with no pagescoll.
        Only if you click on the background below the pano you scroll the page.

        Hans

        > Sacha Griffin

        > <http://www.seeit360.com> http://www.seeit360.com
        >
        > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
        >
        > <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
        >
        > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...
        >
        > Office: 404-551-4275
        >
        > GV: 404-665-9990

      • John Houghton
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
          Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

          John

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@...> wrote:

          > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
          > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
          > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
          > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
          > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
          > * improving the colours and lighting
          > * Improving the nadir
          > * Sharpness
          >
          > The panorama is at :
          > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
          >
          > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
          > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
          >
          > /Mahmood

        • MH
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
            I don't have that problem either, not in Firefox (v5) or in IE (v8), unless, as Hans mentioned, you click on the background (outside the panorama). Of course the problem does not exist if you go fullscreen.

            Mahmood

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My wife was shocked at the reality of the crowds. What a madhouse!
            > >
            > > One thing that would be better considering this is your Mona Lisa Room,
            > > would be to actually start at the mona lisa.. or at least provide a motion
            > > that pans to it onstart.
            > >
            > > And I think there's some solution for the mousewheel so you don't scroll
            > > both the page and krpano at the same time. Using the mousewheel to zoom is
            > > super convenient however, when the whole page jerks like a fish, it's not so
            > > nice.
            >
            > I have no problem with this. What browser does this.
            >
            > Safari and Firefox zooms as it should with no pagescoll.
            > Only if you click on the background below the pano you scroll the page.
            >
            > Hans
            >

            > > Sacha Griffin
            > >
            > > Southern Digital Solutions LLC - Atlanta, Georgia
            > >
            > > <http://www.seeit360.com> http://www.seeit360.com
            > >
            > > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
            > >
            > > <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
            > >
            > > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@> sachagriffin007@
            > >
            > > Office: 404-551-4275
            > >
            > > GV: 404-665-9990

          • jrgen_schrader
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
              And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@...> wrote:

              > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
              >
              > John
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
              > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
              > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
              > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
              > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
              > > * improving the colours and lighting
              > > * Improving the nadir
              > > * Sharpness
              > >
              > > The panorama is at :
              > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
              > >
              > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
              > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
              > >
              > > /Mahmood

            • MH
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                :) Thanks John.
                Last night I was too tired and it was too late, I thought: with so much to see on the walls and so many on the floor nobody would look at the ceiling, obviously wrong...
                I'll certainly fix the ceiling tonight or tomorrow.

                Thanks again.

                BTW. I used a Nikon D700 + Tokina lens.

                /Mahmood

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@...> wrote:

                > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
                >
                > John
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
                > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
                > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
                > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
                > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
                > > * improving the colours and lighting
                > > * Improving the nadir
                > > * Sharpness
                > >
                > > The panorama is at :
                > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
                > >
                > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
                > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
                > >
                > > /Mahmood

              • MH
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                  Jurgen,
                  I cannot find anybody with red shirt and scull deformation.
                  If you mean the one with a light green backpack on his back, then there is no deformation, maybe it is the guy in front of him with a light blue shirt and glasses on his forehead that gives the illusion of scull deformation, but they are simply two people just behind each other (there's no seam going there at all).
                  /M
                  PS. The ceiling fixed.

                  > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
                  > >
                  > > John
                  > >
                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
                  > > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
                  > > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
                  > > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
                  > > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
                  > > > * improving the colours and lighting
                  > > > * Improving the nadir
                  > > > * Sharpness
                  > > >
                  > > > The panorama is at :
                  > > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
                  > > >
                  > > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
                  > > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
                  > > >
                  > > > /Mahmood

                • 3z
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                    less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html

                    > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.
                    >

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
                    > >
                    > > John
                    > >
                    > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
                    > > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one was "The Mona Lisa Room".
                    > > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the quality of it by:
                    > > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
                    > > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
                    > > > * improving the colours and lighting
                    > > > * Improving the nadir
                    > > > * Sharpness
                    > > >
                    > > > The panorama is at :
                    > > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
                    > > >
                    > > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
                    > > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
                    > > >
                    > > > /Mahmood

                  • MH
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                      How on earth is this possible?
                      Private photo session?

                      /M

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:

                      > less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html
                      >
                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.
                      > >

                      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Mahmood, The panorama looks really good. Although not important, I would certainly fix the several stitching errors in the ceiling, which shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
                      > > >
                      > > > John

                    • Sacha Griffin
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                        Chrome 12

                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                          Great job. Your shot is impressive handheld. The color, resolution and
                          stitching are certainly superior.

                          Possibly if you fix your html content in your template so there isn't a
                          scrollbar there won't be a mousewheel issue. Even on an updated chrome, if
                          you click the html, the mousewheel scrolls both the pano and the page.

                          Perhaps put your google ads side by side or reduce the krpano by 75px.

                          You're using a simple percentage, where it would be better to use 100%
                          screenheight minus the space in px you need for the footer.

                          <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com> , "MH" <mahmood_hamidi@> wrote:

                          > > > A while ago I posted a series of panoramas from the Louvre Museum.
                          > > > I got loads of advices on how one specific panorama in that collection
                          could be improved (although it has been a hand held shooting), and that one
                          was "The Mona Lisa Room".
                          > > > I've noticed from the site statistics that the specific panorama is
                          the most popular one in the collection, so I have tried to improve the
                          quality of it by:
                          > > > * Increasing the resolution by 35% (more zooming)
                          > > > * Fixing a couple of stitching errors
                          > > > * improving the colours and lighting
                          > > > * Improving the nadir
                          > > > * Sharpness
                          > > >
                          > > > The panorama is at :
                          > > > http://www.stockholm360.net/flashpano108r12.php?id=monalisa
                          > > >
                          > > > Is this better now or still needs to be improved?
                          > > > Stupid question, there are always improvements that can be done.
                          > > >
                          > > > /Mahmood

                        • Fernando Chaves
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                            MH wrote:
                            > How on earth is this possible?
                            > Private photo session?
                            >
                            > /M
                            >
                            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> less crowded:
                            >> http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html

                            Hi,
                            They are closed on Mondays.
                            A long time ago I was a student on art, in Paris. It was pretty easy to
                            get an authorization to shoot paintings at Louvre, specially if you don't
                            need lighting equipment (they don't need to have an electrician
                            available). I was told to bring portable flash.
                            Best regards,
                            Fernando
                          • Matthew Rogers - 360Precision
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                              probably pay A LOT of money for the privilege.

                              Matt

                              On 5 Aug 2011, at 15:41, MH wrote:

                              > How on earth is this possible?
                              > Private photo session?
                              >
                              > /M
                              >
                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3z" <3z@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > less crowded: http://paris.arounder.com/en/museums/louvre/louvre-museum-monalisa.html
                              > >
                              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > And also the guy in the red shirt left from La Gioconda seems to have a serious scull deformation that needs healing.

                            • Hans
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011

                                > Great job. Your shot is impressive handheld. The color, resolution and
                                > stitching are certainly superior.
                                >
                                > Possibly if you fix your html content in your template so there isn't a
                                > scrollbar there won't be a mousewheel issue. Even on an updated chrome, if
                                > you click the html, the mousewheel scrolls both the pano and the page.

                                Works perfect in Chrome 13.0.782.107

                                and in OPERA 11.5

                                Hans

                                > Perhaps put your google ads side by side or reduce the krpano by 75px.
                                >
                                > You're using a simple percentage, where it would be better to use 100%
                                > screenheight minus the space in px you need for the footer.

                              • 3z
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 5, 2011
                                  actually we asked for permissions while shooting Arounder Paris, discussions and finally a multi-page legal agreement has been signed.
                                  But this is nothing new, for many Arounder locations, theaters, museums etc.. we go through a permissions asking process, which in this case was probably the most long one.
                                  all the best
                                  marco