RE: [PanoToolsNG] Ideas for next cameras

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2011
      Though the article does mention "without clipping" I think it's still bunk.

      You expose for the tonality you are trying to achieve - the result, not some
      semi-mathematical system.

      In that nature, everyone should dial their cameras to manual and hot glue it
      there.

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2011
        Am 03.08.2011 04:39, schrieb Sacha Griffin:
        > Though the article does mention "without clipping" I think it's still bunk.
        >
        > You expose for the tonality you are trying to achieve - the result, not some
        > semi-mathematical system.

        Sorry to disagree. The article is about how to get the biggest available
        dynamic range and provide best tonality. There are even ideas discussed
        how to handle this transparently for the photographer, such that the
        image looks "normal" by default.

        Basically it describes a way how to store an image optimally, not how to
        display it. Remeber, you can't view a raw image directly, you always
        need to interpret it. The way this is done currently is suboptimal.