RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Anyone purchased a good external mic for their 5D MKII?

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
      Yes, the zoom is SUPER cheap. Considering what the alternatives were before
      it came out. And it's the quality and features are superb.

      For 360's it's not necessary to input the zoom to the camera. That's just
      for video.. AND. it's really not that hard to sync audio and video these
      days anyway with separate sources.

      Plus, you can escape cable range.

      I have an h2, I think the h4 is pretty similar, and there's another one that
      looks like the mouth parts of a fly that should also be pretty good. With
      16GB SD cards coming with your happy meals these days, basic audio recording
      is pretty cheap and easy.

      "Stereo ambient" is just about the perfect type for the zoom series.

      If you were looking for directional, I'd point to some of the other mics
      that were posted earlier.

      Sacha Griffin

      <http://www.seeit360.com> http://www.seeit360.com

      <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/

      IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      GV: 404-665-9990

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
        Excellent, thanks again for the additional info. Your right, for my needs the H2 would be the way to go especially if I don't even have to have my camera with me while recording.

        I think with a bit of practice I can liven up many of the 360 degree images that could do with the added sound.

        I remember years ago my Father used to do nature and train recordings with a large parabolic dish & Mic linked to was probably a really expensive field cassette deck at the time.

        Andrew