Re: OT Panorama web site software and how to.

  • seanderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
      Jeffrey,

      Check out http://www.samrohn.com/ for one of the best pano blogs.

      He discusses some technical issues on the Flash Panoramas Forum:
      http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2110

      We purchased inFocus and modified it for our site:
      http://venueview.com/

      http://themeforest.net/item/infocus-powerful-professional-wordpress-theme/85486

      Stephen

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jeffreycb2000" <jeffreycb@...> wrote:

      > I've finally now able to consistently take panoramas that I feel are interesting and descriptive of my projects, and am now keen to set up a web site.
      >
      > Not having done web sites before are there any tips or pointers from the group of how to go about this, what software to you need and is there a preferred layout/ arrangement that makes the cataloging/ navigation through various locations more easier to manage, update and navigate through?
      >
      > Thanks for any feed back or thoughts.
      > Jeffrey

    • Christian Bloch
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
        As side note, I'm a big fan of the mootools framework for making dynamic javascript stuff. And just recently stumbled over a krpano plugin that seems to allow some cool things. http://mootools.net/forge/p/mookrpano

        Currently I have my pano gallery cobbled together with PHP myself, but if I would start over with adjusting a template I would definitely use this.

        Blochi
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
          I saw this, but I am at a loss to find any demos or imagine any solid uses
          for it.

          Most dynamic things can be done with php+xml, and krpano itself supports a
          complete JS interface, so it would only seem that this is a framework for
          making js calls easier.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
            thanks sean :)
            the FPP post mentioned is a bit dated, i am currently using krpano &
            different embedding code on my site, but its all still running on
            wordpress
            since early 2011 omer calev <http://www.omercalev.com/> & myself have
            been cooking up a wordpress plugin specifically for embedding 360° vr
            panoramas in a wordpress site, works with pano2vr, krpano, fpp+ffc, &
            aldo coeben's free CuTy player for displaying qtvr with flash
            flash & HTML5 panos are supported w krpano & pano2vr, see the link for
            more info
            http://www.panopress.org
            we are currently at version 0.9.0, and working on better support for
            remote hosted panos, preview images for html5 panos, and other fixes for
            version 1.0, which we hope to have out in a month or two
            and btw, panopress is totally free :)
            sam
            - - - - -
            Sam Rohn :: New York City