Object VR Photography - upcoming free webinar by Scott Highton

  • Scott Highton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      VR friends,

      This Friday, August 5, I will be presenting a free online webinar for
      the Manfrotto School of Xcellence on Virtual Reality (VR) Object
      Photography.

      The webinar begins at 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time (11:00 am
      Pacific, or 8:00 pm GMT/Zulu), on Friday, August 5, 2011, and will
      last approximately one hour.

      You will need to register to attend ahead of time through the
      following URL:
      http://manfrottoschoolofxcellence.com/2011/08/01/scott-highton-presents-virtual-reality-vr-object-photography/

      Upon registering, you will be provided with access information to the
      webinar. We look forward to having you attend.

      Webinar description:
      One of the more exciting aspects of creating interactive content for
      the web is virtual reality (VR) photography. Two methods are used
      extensively today to bring viewers into a virtual environment and give
      them control over what and how they see � panoramic VR and object VR.
      Panoramic VR allows viewers to interact on screen within a location or
      scene, looking outward in all directions. Object VR allows viewers the
      ability to look inward at an object, and to essentially rotate and
      view it from any angle.

      In this webinar, pioneering VR photographer Scott Highton will explore
      techniques and methods for Object VR photography, including how to
      make some of your own equipment. Scott was the original photography
      consultant to Apple during their development of QuickTime VR�, and has
      developed numerous creative techniques for VR photography in the years
      since. He was selected to be one of Manfrotto�s Local Heroes for his
      education efforts and contributions to the industry, and is author of
      the seminal book on the subject, Virtual Reality Photography. (More
      info at: http://www.vrphotography.com )

      Join us on Friday, August 5 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm EST (Eastern Time
      Zone) for Scott�s presentation.

      Regards,

      Scott Highton
      Author, Virtual Reality Photography