RE: [PanoToolsNG] OT Panorama web site software and how to.

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      You'll definitely need to use either drupal, joomla, or wordpress as a
      content management system.

      Probably wordpress will yield the fastest/easiest results. Then you'll want
      to browse appropriate (templates, themes), and just start hacking away at
      getting something usable up.

      And you should probably get a book on php if you want to really get down to
      the brass tax on changing existing structure and layouts. And be patient,
      building exactly what you want will take hundreds of hours if you've never
      done this before.

      Sacha Griffin

      <http://www.seeit360.com> http://www.seeit360.com

      <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/

      IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      GV: 404-665-9990

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
        Jeffrey,

        Check out http://www.samrohn.com/ for one of the best pano blogs.

        He discusses some technical issues on the Flash Panoramas Forum:
        http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2110

        We purchased inFocus and modified it for our site:
        http://venueview.com/

        http://themeforest.net/item/infocus-powerful-professional-wordpress-theme/85486

        Stephen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jeffreycb2000" <jeffreycb@...> wrote:

        > I've finally now able to consistently take panoramas that I feel are interesting and descriptive of my projects, and am now keen to set up a web site.
        >
        > Not having done web sites before are there any tips or pointers from the group of how to go about this, what software to you need and is there a preferred layout/ arrangement that makes the cataloging/ navigation through various locations more easier to manage, update and navigate through?
        >
        > Thanks for any feed back or thoughts.
        > Jeffrey

      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
          As side note, I'm a big fan of the mootools framework for making dynamic javascript stuff. And just recently stumbled over a krpano plugin that seems to allow some cool things. http://mootools.net/forge/p/mookrpano

          Currently I have my pano gallery cobbled together with PHP myself, but if I would start over with adjusting a template I would definitely use this.

          Blochi
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
            I saw this, but I am at a loss to find any demos or imagine any solid uses
            for it.

            Most dynamic things can be done with php+xml, and krpano itself supports a
            complete JS interface, so it would only seem that this is a framework for
            making js calls easier.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
              thanks sean :)
              the FPP post mentioned is a bit dated, i am currently using krpano &
              different embedding code on my site, but its all still running on
              wordpress
              since early 2011 omer calev <http://www.omercalev.com/> & myself have
              been cooking up a wordpress plugin specifically for embedding 360° vr
              panoramas in a wordpress site, works with pano2vr, krpano, fpp+ffc, &
              aldo coeben's free CuTy player for displaying qtvr with flash
              flash & HTML5 panos are supported w krpano & pano2vr, see the link for
              more info
              http://www.panopress.org
              we are currently at version 0.9.0, and working on better support for
              remote hosted panos, preview images for html5 panos, and other fixes for
              version 1.0, which we hope to have out in a month or two
              and btw, panopress is totally free :)
              sam
              - - - - -
              Sam Rohn :: New York City