Re: Need help - PTGui optimization fails completely

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 29 11:26 AM
      Am 29.07.2011 00:10, schrieb macbenutzer:
      > I will try to stitch the other part and then to join the two halfs
      > together. I will keep you informed (after the weekend).

      Why not stitch all images? It might be difficult to stitch two stitched
      panoramas. Any joint has small errors which might sum up in each
      panorama...

    • macbenutzer
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30 1:24 AM

        > Why not stitch all images? It might be difficult to stitch two stitched
        > panoramas. Any joint has small errors which might sum up in each
        > panorama...

        Because i thought i might be easier (or get less errors) as i had to move the camera for 50 cm between the two halfs. That way i thought i would "only" get errors on the joining part and the rest would be perfect. I will try it tomorrow and see how it will work out.

        Peter
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30 4:42 AM
          Am 30.07.2011 10:24, schrieb macbenutzer:
          > Because i thought i might be easier (or get less errors) as i had to
          > move the camera for 50 cm between the two halfs. That way i thought i
          > would "only" get errors on the joining part and the rest would be
          > perfect

          You should make sure to have control points only at equal distance
          between those parts.

          I've tried both when I made my handheld gigapixel with three different
          focal length and from 4 different viewpoints. It turned out to be much
          easier to optimize all images together with carefully placed control
          points between the problematic images, but to stitch the groups
          separately by switching off all other images and join them later in
          photoshop. Well, that was before PTGui had the masking feature. I just
          only started to redo the whole panorama using PTGui masking...