i want an SLR that acknowledges the existence of Computational Photography

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
      please chime in to this debate.....
      http://www.quora.com/When-will-Nikon-Canon-etc-wake-up-and-build-cameras-that-people-want

      After more than 5 years of owning an SLR that can't even bracket more than 3
      pictures (or more than 2 stops) it's becoming really frustrating that the
      only professional cameras available have so few features - with the
      exception of pentax (with in-camera exposure blending) not a single SLR
      camera has acknowledged the field of computational photography :(

      I like Thomas Hayden's answer ;-) His is the only answer that supports my
      stance so far...... The other people seem to be the same kind of folks that
      Henry Ford said "wanted a faster horse"

      If you don't write your own answer I hope you'll at least vote up Thomas'
      answer which from where I'm standing is the only answer on that page so far
      that makes sense ;-)

      Funny, the idea that a phone camera could even be marginally capable,
      strikes the other answerers as real flame bait :-)))

      BTW: please use Quora for this discussion..... where people will see it....
      not here on the yahoo list please!
      Jeffrey Martin
      Founder - www.360cities.net
      tel. USA +1 415 800 3922
      tel. Czech +420 608 076 502
      skype jeffrey.s.martin
      *
      **New! Wembley FA Cup 23 Gigapixels wembley360.wembleystadium.com *
      *World Record Interior Photo: www.360cities.net/library
      *World record London 80 Gigapixel: www.360cities.net/london

      Featured on *WIRED.com*
      http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/03/strahov-monastery-panoramic-image/
      Featured in *LA Times*
      http://framework.latimes.com/2010/11/16/80-gigapixel-panorama-of-london*
      Spiegel* http://www.spiegel.de/reise/europa/0,1518,729582,00.html*
      Wired UK*
      http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-11/17/80-gigapixels-of-londons-skyline

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
        Well... Nikon D700 can do a 7543653 shots btracketing. But with maximum 1
        stop stepping. Well.. if you can find bracketing controls at ALL... buried
        in a secondary menu of flash settings (who in the hell ever used a FLASH?!
        Tzk!) and at the price of a silly overcomplicated interface I hate everty
        day more and more.
        What we REALLY want is scriptable CHDK for DSLR.
        We do our own things and let the sunday photographers have their pictures.

        2011/7/26 Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...>

        > please chime in to this debate.....
        >
        > http://www.quora.com/When-will-Nikon-Canon-etc-wake-up-and-build-cameras-that-people-want
        >
        > After more than 5 years of owning an SLR that can't even bracket more than
        > 3
        > pictures (or more than 2 stops) it's becoming really frustrating that the
        > only professional cameras available have so few features - with the
        > exception of pentax (with in-camera exposure blending) not a single SLR
        > camera has acknowledged the field of computational photography :(
        >
        > I like Thomas Hayden's answer ;-) His is the only answer that supports my
        > stance so far...... The other people seem to be the same kind of folks that
        > Henry Ford said "wanted a faster horse"
        >
        > If you don't write your own answer I hope you'll at least vote up Thomas'
        > answer which from where I'm standing is the only answer on that page so far
        > that makes sense ;-)
        >
        > Funny, the idea that a phone camera could even be marginally capable,
        > strikes the other answerers as real flame bait :-)))
        >
        > BTW: please use Quora for this discussion..... where people will see it....
        > not here on the yahoo list please!
        > Jeffrey Martin
        > Founder - www.360cities.net
        > tel. USA +1 415 800 3922
        > tel. Czech +420 608 076 502
        > skype jeffrey.s.martin
        > *
        > **New! Wembley FA Cup 23 Gigapixels wembley360.wembleystadium.com *
        > *World Record Interior Photo: www.360cities.net/library
        > *World record London 80 Gigapixel: www.360cities.net/london
        >
        > Featured on *WIRED.com*
        > http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/03/strahov-monastery-panoramic-image/
        > Featured in *LA Times*
        > http://framework.latimes.com/2010/11/16/80-gigapixel-panorama-of-london*
        > Spiegel* http://www.spiegel.de/reise/europa/0,1518,729582,00.html*
        > Wired UK*
        >
        > http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-11/17/80-gigapixels-of-londons-skyline

        Luca Vascon.

        www.nuovostudio.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • Bernhard Vogl
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2011
          Hi Luca,

          You can assign a dedicated button to the bracketing function. That was the
          first thing I did after buying the D700. ;-)
          Still doesn't help for the silly 1EV restriction :-(

          Best
          Bernhard