Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: go pro

  • Jim Watters
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 22, 2011
      5+1 would be overkill. All images are being captured at the same time so no need
      to use lots of overlap to remove ghost. And once the 4+1 cameras are assembled,
      their positions will be fixed, so the same template can be used without any
      optimization. There is no gain in resolution using an extra camera. Just more
      overlap. 4+1 leaves a small hole, especially if you tilt the 4 away from the 1
      about 12 to 15 deg.

      See the samples on Jan's pages.

      http://www.diy-streetview.org
      http://www.diy-streetview.com

      On 2011-07-22 7:50 PM, Phil wrote:
      > You'll need to shoot 5+1. More information from this link.
      >
      > http://photoshipone.com/news/files/439234158b591cffc6eb574a4c28d50e-7.html
      This is showing 5 around, pointed down at an angle (not 5+1). This will give
      lots of overlap but very little VFoV. This is more likly to avoid capturing the
      helicopter blades.

      > Phil
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, web@... wrote:
      >> Does anyone have experience using a Go Pro camera for panoramas? Seems to have 170deg (x 120 deg ?) fov at 5MP, so could make for 4+1 panos. No idea about quality or whether the exposure can be locked with a half-press, but I like the size....
      >> -Matt

      If you want to capture video then I believe that this mode does not use the full
      sensor thus clips the image size and 5+1 might be necessary.

      --
      Jim Watters
      http://photocreations.ca