Photography rights London -- video

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJH9F7Hcluo&feature=player_embedded#at=38
      -- 6 photographers take pictures in the financial district with video records of their interactions with authorities -- part of the London Street Photography Festival. Police support the photographers when they are called.

      PeterM
    • mrjimbo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
        Peter I got what your sharing but not sure I get the point.. The video showed a few photographers and also a few security people but it didn't show and we need to note that it didn't the private sector.. So what is the point of this.. So it showed up like a tactful political position advertisement to me..

        The issues at hand are pretty major on the subject of privacy and are a long way from getting sorted out and we need to take them seriously and also have respect ..to be blunt I don't think were anywhere near there as yet. If you feel that no one is allowed to have privacy then you won't be dealing with the law in the end you'll be dealing with individuals.. I suggest that won't be as nice..

        I live in a quiet out of the way place and we have several high profile people here.. Many big name actors.. a few politicians... some folks that are just plain rich.. Were all a nice group and get along just fine here.. Two years ago a shooter decided he was going to shoot a small body of work of one of them.. Right in the middle of town the subject decided he'd had enough, the shooter was compromising his space and continued to take photographs after being asked not to... He put the guy against the wall nicely without smashing the guys face ( which I personally would have been tempted to do) and took his fancy Canon and lens and literally destroyed it ...smashing it on the curb..and confiscating the card from the camera.. Everyone was upset....and I do mean everyone!!! The shooter filed a police report and so did his subject.. Neither could avoid it as a sheriff showed up without a call from either. It went to court.. our little small potatoes court .. In the end the shooter lost.. no restitution on the camera stuff..nor legal fee's.. The subject picked up the tab for his own attorney.. The point is .. it's about respect.. so many people just don't get it.. you can take almost any image if you do it right and walk the walk ..To many shooters are to damn lazy to do that or their just not professional enough to come out of their closet.. as it adds to much to their cost or their time or their simply not capable of dealing with it so they feel all that should be given to them as a God given right.. It will get all sorted out and you can pretty much take that to the bank..... and then even then you'll still have issues as I've noted above.

        I assume this is prompted from all that is going on with Bostjan ... all of our hearts go out to him.. as crazy as this sounds ..it shows up like he's standing at the edge of a cliff and is going to get pushed off. It's never over till it's over!!!! In this case the solution will more likely be a negotiation after many frustrating hours of work.. In the end it will show some level of respect and also take some heat off him if he has the courage and stamina to stick with it. If he can stand up to all this he will be three times the person he is now.. and as most of us can see ..he is already a very big man... :-) (Your doing just fine Mr. B.. just keep going and don't loose your head). Ignorance is difficult to overcome.. typically it's done thru education.. not war...

        jimbo

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "mrjimbo" <mrjimbo@...> wrote:

          > Peter I got what your sharing but not sure I get the point..

          It is one of dpreview's lead stories today
          http://www.dpreview.com/news/1107/11072115streetphotog.asp#comments
          -- maybe it is useful for people wanting to shoot panos in London. It was interesting at least I thought how the tripods didnt seem to be part of the problem.

          PeterM
        • mrjimbo
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
            Peter your probably right ..I maybe got carried away..