SLUM Gigafoto

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
      My friends

      I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
      Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011

      My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
      stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
      dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter

      I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
      Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens

      It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
      see the details

      Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
      The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
      me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)

      http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/

      Best regards

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
        Saddens me to see blurred face policy being imported to South America.

        Real shame. Introducing self censorship and blurring people's faces in
        panos, will only help things become "Slovenian". Does that online newspaper
        blur people's faces in the images they publish normally? Actually no:
        http://odia.terra.com.br/portal/ ... so why blur faces exclusively in
        Panorama images? What is the goal? Who is asking for that... and not
        demanding the same for all other images?

        I wish you all the best Ayrton, you know that, but this blurring madness has
        to be stopped... or I can make a blurred image that stretches all over every
        panorama... just in case. Simple to apply and easy to manage :)

        Trausti

        On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > My friends
        >
        > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
        > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011
        >
        > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
        > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
        > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
        >
        > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
        > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
        >
        > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
        > see the details
        >
        > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
        > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
        > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
        >
        > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
        >
        > Best regards

        > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
        > http://ayrton360.com
        > twitter.com/ayrton360

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
          Trausti,

          The laweyrs at the newspaper took almost 2 weeks trying to find out, if we
          could use the giga image showing the faces ...
          But
          the law after GSV :

          - minors (kids and 18 less) can not have their faces show in the images

          - other people that weren't not advised that we were shooting, have the
          right to protect their privacy

          Since the damm google street view has already shot all over Brazil and
          GOOGLE introduced that behavior (blur faces), now they want that we protect
          the faces of people in gigafotos

          But on all my normal 360 panoramas, and at all online newspapers; I don't
          need to blur the faces :-)

          That's life, changing everyday with strange new things :-(

          You can't imagine the extra work to blur the faces, AFTER everything was
          ready :-(

          But, they paied for the gigafoto, so I must deliver the way they asked me to

          best
          AYRTON

          On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
          trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

          > Saddens me to see blurred face policy being imported to South America.
          >
          > Real shame. Introducing self censorship and blurring people's faces in
          > panos, will only help things become "Slovenian". Does that online
          > newspaper
          > blur people's faces in the images they publish normally? Actually no:
          > http://odia.terra.com.br/portal/ ... so why blur faces exclusively in
          > Panorama images? What is the goal? Who is asking for that... and not
          > demanding the same for all other images?
          >
          > I wish you all the best Ayrton, you know that, but this blurring madness
          > has
          > to be stopped... or I can make a blurred image that stretches all over
          > every
          > panorama... just in case. Simple to apply and easy to manage :)
          >
          > Trausti
          >
          > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > My friends
          > >
          > > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
          > > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th,
          > 2011
          > >
          > > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with
          > the
          > > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
          > > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
          > >
          > > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
          > > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
          > >
          > > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
          > > see the details
          > >
          > > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
          > > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will
          > hire
          > > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
          > >
          > > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
          > >
          > > Best regards

          > > --
          > >
          > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
          > > http://ayrton360.com
          > > twitter.com/ayrton360

          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
          http://ayrton360.com
          twitter.com/ayrton360

        • Christian Bloch
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
            Again, it's the look of the blur itself that I find disturbing. If I'm ever asked to do that, I'd rather
            A) Use a black bar across the eyes.
            B) Content-Aware fill them to be just smooth skin.
            C) Stamp a big yellow smiley face over the head.

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
              On Jul 15, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Christian Bloch wrote:

              > Again, it's the look of the blur itself that I find disturbing. If I'm ever asked to do that, I'd rather
              > A) Use a black bar across the eyes.
              > B) Content-Aware fill them to be just smooth skin.
              > C) Stamp a big yellow smiley face over the head.

              Definitely either C) or even better D) The Anonymous (V is for Vendetta) mask.

              John

              John Riley
              4Pi-VR Media Solutions
              http://4pi-vr.com
              johnriley@...
              (h)864-461-3504
              (c)864-431-7075
              (w)864-503-5775
            • John Riley
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                Ayrton - I like it a lot. Where were you shooting from? What camera mount were you using? I think the newspaper will have good results and lots of interest.

                Do you ever have days with low humidity? Without the haze, that would have been absolutely a knockout view. Even with the haze, I was able to find the Christ the Redeemer statue. My two favorite views were the women laying bricks and the house with the small pool and ping pong table on top. I bet they lose a lot of balls over that wall, though.

                Good work and I hope they want more. Considering your excellent regular rate of payment for panos, a gigapano must be very lucrative.

                John

                John Riley
                4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                http://4pi-vr.com
                johnriley@...
                (h)864-461-3504
                (c)864-431-7075
                (w)864-503-5775

                On Jul 15, 2011, at 5:07 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                > My friends
                >
                > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011
                >
                > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
                > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                >
                > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                >
                > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                > see the details
                >
                > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
                > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                >
                > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                >
                > Best regards

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                  On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:03 PM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

                  > Ayrton - I like it a lot.

                  Thank you John

                  > Where were you shooting from?

                  The top of a monorail system they were implanting there.
                  That slum was dominated by drug dealers during 20 years.
                  I shot on January 2011, the Police won the war and went inside in november
                  2010
                  So now it is a peacefull place. Still very poor, but no more killing
                  everyday inside it.

                  > What camera mount were you using?

                  Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm

                  > I think the newspaper will have good results and lots of interest.
                  >
                  > Do you ever have days with low humidity?

                  No way
                  :-)
                  Rio is very very humid, normal minimum here os above 60% :-)

                  > Without the haze, that would have been absolutely a knockout view.

                  I agree

                  > Even with the haze, I was able to find the Christ the Redeemer statue. My
                  > two favorite views were the women laying bricks and the house with the small
                  > pool and ping pong table on top. I bet they lose a lot of balls over that
                  > wall, though.
                  >
                  > Good work and I hope they want more.

                  Me too !
                  :-)

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > Considering your excellent regular rate of payment for panos, a gigapano
                  > must be very lucrative.
                  >
                  > John
                  >
                  > John Riley
                  > 4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                  > http://4pi-vr.com
                  > johnriley@...
                  > (h)864-461-3504
                  > (c)864-431-7075
                  > (w)864-503-5775
                  >
                  > On Jul 15, 2011, at 5:07 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                  >
                  > > My friends
                  > >
                  > > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                  > > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th,
                  > 2011
                  > >
                  > > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with
                  > the
                  > > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                  > > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                  > >
                  > > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                  > > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                  > >
                  > > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                  > > see the details
                  > >
                  > > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                  > > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will
                  > hire
                  > > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                  > >
                  > > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                  > >
                  > > Best regards

                  + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                  + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                  http://ayrton360.com
                  twitter.com/ayrton360

                • John Riley
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                    On Jul 15, 2011, at 8:15 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                    > > What camera mount were you using?
                    >
                    > Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm

                    Actually, I was wondering what kind of (I assume robotic) head you were using and how it was controlled.

                    Thanks,

                    John

                    John Riley
                    4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                    http://4pi-vr.com
                    johnriley@...
                    (h)864-461-3504
                    (c)864-431-7075
                    (w)864-503-5775

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                      On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:22 AM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

                      > On Jul 15, 2011, at 8:15 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                      > > > What camera mount were you using?
                      > > Nikon D7000 + 70-200mm
                      >
                      > Actually, I was wondering what kind of (I assume robotic) head you were
                      > using and how it was controlled.

                      Robotic? only my brain !!!
                      rssss

                      I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                      :-)

                      just simple as that !

                      cheers
                      AYRTON

                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > John
                      >
                      > John Riley
                      > 4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                      > http://4pi-vr.com
                      > johnriley@...
                      > (h)864-461-3504
                      > (c)864-431-7075
                      > (w)864-503-5775

                      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                      http://ayrton360.com
                      twitter.com/ayrton360

                    • John Riley
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                        On Jul 15, 2011, at 10:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                        > > Actually, I was wondering what kind of (I assume robotic) head you were
                        > > using and how it was controlled.
                        > >

                        > Robotic? only my brain !!!
                        > rssss
                        >
                        > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                        > :-)
                        >
                        > just simple as that !
                        >
                        > cheers
                        > AYRTON

                        Wow - by hand! I did my first few that way, but found I sometimes zoned out and left a gap somewhere. How many pictures were in the pano? Did you have a detent mechanism with enough stops or did you do that by hand or visually? I didn't have any sufficient detents when I did mine by hand and that is why I ended up with some gaps. My regular panohead then was a 360Absolute, so I didn't have that sort of flexibility.

                        John

                        John Riley
                        4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                        http://4pi-vr.com
                        johnriley@...
                        (h)864-461-3504
                        (c)864-431-7075
                        (w)864-503-5775

                      • AYRTON
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                          On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:36 AM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

                          > On Jul 15, 2011, at 10:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                          > > > Actually, I was wondering what kind of (I assume robotic) head you
                          > were
                          > > > using and how it was controlled.
                          > >
                          > > Robotic? only my brain !!!
                          > > rssss
                          > > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                          > > :-)
                          > > just simple as that !
                          > >
                          > > cheers
                          > > AYRTON
                          >
                          > Wow - by hand! I did my first few that way, but found I sometimes zoned
                          > out and left a gap somewhere. How many pictures were in the pano?

                          on that particular one 685 clicks

                          > Did you have a detent mechanism with enough stops

                          Yes,
                          a NN5 with the RD-16
                          perfect match

                          best

                          > or did you do that by hand or visually? I didn't have any sufficient
                          > detents when I did mine by hand and that is why I ended up with some gaps.
                          > My regular panohead then was a 360Absolute, so I didn't have that sort of
                          > flexibility.
                          >
                          > John
                          >
                          > John Riley
                          > 4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                          > http://4pi-vr.com
                          > johnriley@...
                          > (h)864-461-3504
                          > (c)864-431-7075
                          > (w)864-503-5775

                          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                          + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                          http://ayrton360.com
                          twitter.com/ayrton360

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                            Why did you choose to do it manually?

                            Stephani
                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                              On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 2:22 AM, <virtualpointphotos@...> wrote:

                              > Why did you choose to do it manually?

                              why not ?
                              a robot would cost me more money, and with the NN5 was so EASY, and fast to
                              shoot, that I did not see the need for
                              :-)

                              best
                              AYRTON

                              > Stephani

                              + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                              + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                              http://ayrton360.com
                              twitter.com/ayrton360

                            • Christian Bloch
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                                Ayrton, with all this yapping about faces I forgot to congratulate you to this excellent pano. Tonality and color treatment are outstanding, nicely even, deep and balanced. The haze does not bother me a bit. In fact I think you must have already punched through the haze quite a bit to reveal just the right amount of atmosphere. When I saw that I thought to myself - Damn, even their slums look friendlier than 90% of LA. ;)

                                Best,
                                Blochi

                                On Jul 15, 2011, at 9:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                                > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                                > :-)

                              • Bostjan Burger
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                                  Even in Brazil?! I am toasted :(
                                  This is the end of making panoramas with people and publishing them.

                                  Bostjan

                                  ________________________________

                                  trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                                  > Saddens me to see blurred face policy being imported to South America.
                                  >
                                  > Real shame. Introducing self censorship and blurring people's faces in
                                  > panos, will only help things become "Slovenian". Does that online
                                  > newspaper
                                  > blur people's faces in the images they publish normally? Actually no:
                                  > http://odia.terra.com.br/portal/ ... so why blur faces exclusively in
                                  > Panorama images? What is the goal? Who is asking for that... and not
                                  > demanding the same for all other images?
                                  >
                                  > I wish you all the best Ayrton, you know that, but this blurring madness
                                  > has
                                  > to be stopped... or I can make a blurred image that stretches all over
                                  > every
                                  > panorama... just in case. Simple to apply and easy to manage :)
                                  >
                                  > Trausti
                                  >
                                  > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > **
                                  > >

                                  > > My friends
                                  > >
                                  > > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                  > > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th,
                                  > 2011
                                  > >
                                  > > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with
                                  > the
                                  > > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                  > > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                  > >
                                  > > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                  > > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                  > >
                                  > > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                  > > see the details
                                  > >
                                  > > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                  > > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will
                                  > hire
                                  > > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                                  > >
                                  > > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                                  > >
                                  > > Best regards

                                • AYRTON
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                                    On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 2:27 AM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

                                    > Ayrton, with all this yapping about faces I forgot to congratulate you to
                                    > this excellent pano.

                                    Thanks Christian

                                    > Tonality and color treatment are outstanding, nicely even, deep and
                                    > balanced.

                                    Thanks goes to Hans Nyberg :-)

                                    > The haze does not bother me a bit. In fact I think you must have already
                                    > punched through the haze quite a bit to reveal just the right amount of
                                    > atmosphere. When I saw that I thought to myself - Damn, even their slums
                                    > look friendlier than 90% of LA. ;)

                                    rssssss

                                    cheers
                                    AYRTON

                                    PS: I lived in LA from 1986 to 1990 Miss it :-)

                                    > Best,
                                    > Blochi
                                    >

                                    > On Jul 15, 2011, at 9:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                                    > > :-)

                                    + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                    + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                    http://ayrton360.com
                                    twitter.com/ayrton360

                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                                      On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                                      > Even in Brazil?! I am toasted :(
                                      > This is the end of making panoramas with people and publishing them.
                                      > Bostjan

                                      It's google street view fault !!!
                                      It is making a new idea of what we can or can not do ... and then all
                                      lawyers are taking this as a "right-way-to-do"
                                      :-(

                                      best
                                      AYRTON

                                      > ________________________________

                                      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                      http://ayrton360.com
                                      twitter.com/ayrton360

                                    • Bostjan Burger
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 15, 2011
                                        Same me... great color. Even I was too fast not even looking closer ...you didn't blur faces... :)

                                        Bostjan

                                        ________________________________
                                        Ayrton, with all this yapping about faces I forgot to congratulate you to this excellent pano. Tonality and color treatment are outstanding, nicely even, deep and balanced. The haze does not bother me a bit. In fact I think you must have already punched through the haze quite a bit to reveal just the right amount of atmosphere. When I saw that I thought to myself - Damn, even their slums look friendlier than 90% of LA. ;)

                                        Best,
                                        Blochi

                                        On Jul 15, 2011, at 9:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                                        > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                                        > :-)

                                      • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 16, 2011
                                          Ayrton,

                                          this is a fantastic work !!

                                          I just received from the guys of thepanoawards one Gigapan EPIC pro... I will made some test... :-)

                                          un abrazo

                                          El 16/07/2011, a las 01:07, AYRTON escribi�:

                                          > My friends
                                          >
                                          > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                          > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011
                                          >
                                          > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
                                          > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                          > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                          >
                                          > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                          > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                          >
                                          > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                          > see the details
                                          >
                                          > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                          > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
                                          > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                                          >
                                          > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                                          >
                                          > Best regards

                                          > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                          > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                          > http://ayrton360.com
                                          > twitter.com/ayrton360

                                          Ignacio Ferrando Margel�

                                          976 297980 / 646154023

                                          Abaco Digital

                                          http://www.abaco-digital.es

                                          En cumplimiento de lo dispuesto en el art�culo 5 de la Ley Org�nica 15/19999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protecci�n de Datos de Car�cter Personal, le informamos de la existencia de un fichero de datos de car�cter personal cuyo titular y responsable es ABACO DIGITAL S.L. La recogida y tratamiento de sus datos tiene como finalidad gestionar las relaciones comerciales, jur�dicas o contractuales que le vinculen con esta entidad.
                                          Usted podr� en todo momento ejercitar sus derechos de acceso, rectificaci�n, cancelaci�n y oposici�n al tratamiento de datos personales, en la forma legalmente prevista, mediante comunicaci�n firmada y remitida a ABACO DIGITAL, S.L., sito en M�ndez N��ez 31, 3� dcha, C.P. 50003 de Zaragoza.

                                        • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 16, 2011
                                            Glad that you are not the source of the blurring... and sad that things are
                                            taking this turn ... especially when it is seemingly ONLY targeting
                                            panoramas.

                                            Best of luck and yes, you did a very impressive job on this!

                                            Trausti

                                            On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                                            > **
                                            >

                                            > Trausti,
                                            >
                                            > The laweyrs at the newspaper took almost 2 weeks trying to find out, if we
                                            > could use the giga image showing the faces ...
                                            > But
                                            > the law after GSV :
                                            >
                                            > - minors (kids and 18 less) can not have their faces show in the images
                                            >
                                            > - other people that weren't not advised that we were shooting, have the
                                            > right to protect their privacy
                                            >
                                            > Since the damm google street view has already shot all over Brazil and
                                            > GOOGLE introduced that behavior (blur faces), now they want that we protect
                                            > the faces of people in gigafotos
                                            >
                                            > But on all my normal 360 panoramas, and at all online newspapers; I don't
                                            > need to blur the faces :-)
                                            >
                                            > That's life, changing everyday with strange new things :-(
                                            >
                                            > You can't imagine the extra work to blur the faces, AFTER everything was
                                            > ready :-(
                                            >
                                            > But, they paied for the gigafoto, so I must deliver the way they asked me
                                            >
                                            > best
                                            > AYRTON

                                          • Stephani Hill
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 16, 2011
                                              Easy? Wow! It is very cool. I wish you much success with this!

                                              Stephani
                                              On Jul 16, 2011, at 12:26 AM, AYRTON wrote:

                                              > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 2:22 AM, <virtualpointphotos@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > Why did you choose to do it manually?
                                              > >

                                              > why not ?
                                              > a robot would cost me more money, and with the NN5 was so EASY, and fast to
                                              > shoot, that I did not see the need for
                                              > :-)
                                              >
                                              > best
                                              > AYRTON
                                              >

                                              > > Stephani

                                            • Sacha Griffin
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 16, 2011
                                                Great work buddy!

                                                This is one of the few gigapixels I've seen that are both important and
                                                interesting to look at.

                                                -sacha

                                                > Ayrton, with all this yapping about faces I forgot to congratulate you to
                                                > this excellent pano.

                                                Thanks Christian

                                                > Tonality and color treatment are outstanding, nicely even, deep and
                                                > balanced.

                                                Thanks goes to Hans Nyberg :-)

                                                > The haze does not bother me a bit. In fact I think you must have already
                                                > punched through the haze quite a bit to reveal just the right amount of
                                                > atmosphere. When I saw that I thought to myself - Damn, even their slums
                                                > look friendlier than 90% of LA. ;)

                                                rssssss

                                                cheers
                                                AYRTON

                                                PS: I lived in LA from 1986 to 1990 Miss it :-)

                                                > Best,
                                                > Blochi
                                                >

                                                > On Jul 15, 2011, at 9:24 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > I use a Nodal Ninja 5
                                                > > :-)

                                                + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                http://ayrton360.com
                                                twitter.com/ayrton360

                                              • AYRTON
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jul 16, 2011
                                                  Thanks Sacha , thanks Trausti, Stephani, and Ignacio my friend

                                                  Thanks to all of you looking at

                                                  And again
                                                  I must say a SPECIAL THANK YOU
                                                  to my dear friend HANS NYBERG
                                                  without him I would not accomplish it so well
                                                  He's my mentor :-)

                                                  cheers
                                                  AYRTON

                                                  On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Sacha Griffin <
                                                  sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                                                  > Great work buddy!
                                                  >
                                                  > This is one of the few gigapixels I've seen that are both important and
                                                  > interesting to look at.
                                                  >

                                                  > -sacha

                                                  + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                  + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                  http://ayrton360.com
                                                  twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                • Jeff
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jul 17, 2011
                                                    Ayrton, I am very impressed with this wonderful pano. I have a D7000 and the older 70-200mm but have not yet tried to shoot this combo manually. Having seen your work I am determined to give it a try, unfortunately here in the UK the weather tends to be unfavourable to this kind of work.
                                                    I am an ardent admirer of your photography and hope to see much more in the future, blurred faces or not.
                                                    Jeff

                                                    > My friends
                                                    >
                                                    > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                                    > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011
                                                    >
                                                    > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
                                                    > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                                    > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                                    >
                                                    > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                                    > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                                    >
                                                    > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                                    > see the details
                                                    >

                                                    > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                                    > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
                                                    > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                                                    >
                                                    > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                                                    >

                                                    > Best regards

                                                    > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                    > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                    > http://ayrton360.com
                                                    > twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                  • AYRTON
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jul 17, 2011
                                                      On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Jeff <jeffstarleyphoto@...>wrote:

                                                      > Ayrton, I am very impressed with this wonderful pano.

                                                      Thanks Jeff !

                                                      I have a D7000 and the older 70-200mm but have not yet tried to shoot this
                                                      > combo manually. Having seen your work I am determined to give it a try,
                                                      > unfortunately here in the UK the weather tends to be unfavourable to this
                                                      > kind of work.

                                                      :-)

                                                      > I am an ardent admirer of your photography and hope to see much more in the
                                                      > future, blurred faces or not.

                                                      Thank you very much
                                                      I'm honored by your comment

                                                      Cheers
                                                      AYRTON

                                                      > Jeff
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > My friends
                                                      > >
                                                      > > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                                      > > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th,
                                                      > 2011
                                                      > >
                                                      > > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with
                                                      > the
                                                      > > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                                      > > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                                      > >
                                                      > > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                                      > > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                                      > >
                                                      > > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                                      > > see the details
                                                      > >

                                                      > > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                                      > > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will
                                                      > hire
                                                      > > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                                                      > >
                                                      > > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                                                      > >

                                                      > > Best regards

                                                      > > --
                                                      > >
                                                      > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                      > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                      > > http://ayrton360.com
                                                      > > twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                      http://ayrton360.com
                                                      twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                    • prague
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jul 18, 2011
                                                        Ayrton,

                                                        Shame on you for backing down and blurring faces. You are setting a bad precedent. I know there are lawyers involved, but you still could have made a stand.

                                                        Jeffrey

> [...]
                                                        > >
                                                        > > > **
                                                        > > >

                                                        > > > My friends
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                                        > > > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th,
                                                        > > 2011
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with
                                                        > > the
                                                        > > > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                                        > > > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                                        > > > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                                        > > > see the details
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                                        > > > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will

                                                      • MH
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jul 19, 2011
                                                          Nice pano.
                                                          /Mahmood

                                                          > My friends
                                                          >
                                                          > I'm very pleased that today one of my clients, a Online Newspaper from
                                                          > Brazil, called O DIA published a gigafoto that I shot on januray 10th, 2011
                                                          >
                                                          > My dear friend, Hans Nyberg was my partner on this job, helping me with the
                                                          > stich, and the retouch, like he explained here the other day, because the
                                                          > dark areas on the sky, probably caused by the shutter
                                                          >
                                                          > I used a Nikon D7000 with a 70-200mm at 200 position
                                                          > Since it is a 1.5 sensor, it was like shooting with a 300mm lens
                                                          >
                                                          > It is a 5 Gigapixel image, but the quality it is okay, and you can really
                                                          > see the details
                                                          >

                                                          > Please, take a look and if you like it .... share with your friends :-)
                                                          > The Editor told me that if this is a sucess of visitors .... they will hire
                                                          > me to shot other favelas (slum) :-)
                                                          >
                                                          > http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/
                                                          >

                                                          > Best regards

                                                          > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                          > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                          > http://ayrton360.com
                                                          > twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                        • Bostjan Burger
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Jul 19, 2011
                                                            Ayrton,

                                                            I do understand your reason for bluring faces within your excellent gigapixel. You didn't blur faces of people from the street but people in their private areas, I suppose that is even noble from you.

                                                            Bostjan

                                                            ________________________________
                                                            > This is the end of making panoramas with people and publishing them.
                                                            > Bostjan

                                                            It's google street view fault !!!
                                                            It is making a new idea of what we can or can not do ... and then all
                                                            lawyers are taking this as a "right-way-to-do"
                                                            :-(

                                                            best
                                                            AYRTON

                                                            > ________________________________

                                                            + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                            + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                                            http://ayrton360.com
                                                            twitter.com/ayrton360

                                                          • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Jul 19, 2011
                                                              Ayrton.

                                                              With all respect.

                                                              The only right way to do things, is to treat them equally. If panos are to
                                                              have all faces blurred, the same should be done to every other photo
                                                              published in ever other media. Be that printed or digital photos or video.
                                                              I have a family to feed... a son of 1 year, daughter of 4, another daughter
                                                              of 12, son of 17, wife and myself.... if I was presented with a job where I
                                                              was told to blur faces, I would refuse. Seriously. I would not lend my
                                                              name to what I see as anti-freedom measures.Not even if the payment was good
                                                              and my food-situation was bad.

                                                              But of course.. there are limits... and I am sure I would find my own at
                                                              some point.... if Coca Cola hired me to do blurred panos, I would place
                                                              "Censored by The Coca Cola Company" across every face in crowd panos, if I
                                                              was paid properly in a time of real need.

                                                              Trausti