AHHHHHHH!!!!!

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
        >>>Turn your iPhone 4 into a DSLR using real SLR lenses.<<<

        Ambitious ... turning iPhone into a *digital single-lens reflex
        camera*simply by clipping some plastic onto it. Mirror anyone?

        On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 6:38 AM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-slr-mount/

      • Greg Nuspel
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
          LOL imagine carrying around that large lens just to take a mediocre photos with your phone. Maybe you could use one of those D3Xs rear lens caps to protect the lens while you’re not using it.

            > LOL imagine carrying around that large lens just to take a mediocre photos with your phone. Maybe you could use one of those D3Xs rear lens caps to protect the lens while you’re not using it.

            they must selling them to someone

            I feel like a dork looking at that link

            tom sparks
          • prague
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
              well we might laugh in 2011.

              but it will probably be de rigeur in a few years.

              phone cameras are not bad anymore.... i love the camera on my nexus s.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                I doubt that many people will buy the iPhone adapter for Dslr lenses.

                We all know that a chain is as strong as the weakest link, in this case we
                are talking about the 5 mpx camera of the iPhone 4.
                Apart from this the price of the adapter is at the same level as a super
                zoom compact camera with good optics and a much better image quality then
                the iPhone 4 and if we also take in account the huge size and weight of an
                iPhone + Dslr lens combo then it is clear that the market for this adapter
                will be very, very small.....

                Wim

              • Wim Koornneef
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                  Ps, the only advantage of this adapter I can think of is the option to share
                  images using the 3G connection of the iPhone 4 but that is also possible
                  with a good super zoom compact equiped with an EyeFi wireless memorycard.

                  Wim

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                    Am 12.07.2011 16:08, schrieb Wim Koornneef:
                    > We all know that a chain is as strong as the weakest link, in this case we
                    > are talking about the 5 mpx camera of the iPhone 4.

                    They don't take the image the lens produces but they actually shoot a
                    focusing screen where the image is projected on by the lens (see FAQ page).

                    I think this is the weakest link. It turns the whole adapter into a joke...

                  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                      At the end of the day, its really awesome - in a Barney Stinson way ;-)

                      --
                      Rodolpho Pajuaba
                      www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                        If you think that is great look at this method of taking a portrait http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ

                        --
                        Rodolpho Pajuaba
                        www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose
                        www.pajuaba.com.br/panoblog
                        www.pajuaba.com.br/traduzindophotoshop
                        Follow me on Twitter - @rpajuaba

                      • mrjimbo
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                          Jeeeze that was great.. the only tuff spot was watching the hammer hit the lens...
                          Thanks for sharing that... made me laugh..

                          jimbo

                          --
                          Rodolpho Pajuaba
                          www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose
                          www.pajuaba.com.br/panoblog
                          www.pajuaba.com.br/traduzindophotoshop
                          Follow me on Twitter - @rpajuaba

                        • Christian Bloch
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                            Well.... I think there is one particular advantage, that made iPhone and Android photography so successful. It's the departure from a fixed firmware towards an application ecosystem. See, even in a walled garden like Apple's you see more innovation in camera software than in any traditional camera manufacturer's firmware. And the fact that you can swap apps like you'd swap lenses is so much more inviting to experimentation. THIS is what camera makers should learn from it.

                            I predict that we will see Android-powered DSLRs at some point. Or some big-sensor camera that has an iPhone dock adapter instead of it's own LCD display running its own clumsy firmware OS.

                            Blochi

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                              Actually, I think the projection screen is the strongest point. It simulates a larger sensor. Otherwise, if the lens would refocus directly into the tiny lens, you would not get the shallow depth of field.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011
                                Well, these portrait setups are LEGEN... DARY!!! ;-)

                                2011/7/12 <Greg.Nuspel@...>:
                                > If you think that is great look at this method of taking a portrait http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxd8hzOcQ

                                Regards,
                                --
                                Rodolpho Pajuaba
                                www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose
                                www.pajuaba.com.br/panoblog
                                www.pajuaba.com.br/traduzindophotoshop
                                Follow me on Twitter - @rpajuaba
                              • tom_a_sparks
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 12, 2011

                                  > Well.... I think there is one particular advantage, that made iPhone and Android photography so successful. It's the departure from a fixed firmware towards an application ecosystem. See, even in a walled garden like Apple's you see more innovation in camera software than in any traditional camera manufacturer's firmware. And the fact that you can swap apps like you'd swap lenses is so much more inviting to experimentation. THIS is what camera makers should learn from it.
                                  >
                                  > I predict that we will see Android-powered DSLRs at some point. Or some big-sensor camera that has an iPhone dock adapter instead of it's own LCD display running its own clumsy firmware OS.

                                  that why I like the elphel's camera
                                  I hope that the digital camera company learn that people like to hack software

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 21, 2011
                                    Am 12.07.2011 23:02, schrieb Christian Bloch:
                                    > Actually, I think the projection screen is the strongest point. It
                                    > simulates a larger sensor. Otherwise, if the lens would refocus
                                    > directly into the tiny lens, you would not get the shallow depth of
                                    > field.

                                    They could still use the real image instead of a screen, but I suspect
                                    the optics would be too complicated or too large in this case. In a
                                    Kepler telescope the ocular is a magnifier to view the real image...