Re: Stereographic projections

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2011
      Am 08.07.2011 21:38, schrieb Christian Bloch:
      > To get the best possible result, you'd have to go back to PTGui and
      > stitch directly to stereoscopic from the originals

      While this is true in theory there shouldn't be a visible difference if
      you create your stereographic from a maximum size equirectangular. The
      reason is that if you choose "Maximum Size (no loss of detail)" in PTGui
      you get an equirectangular which contains at least all available
      information.

      However, the choice of interpolator is critical if you do such massive
      remappings. I don't know what interpolator flexify uses, but I doubt
      that it is a large kernel anti-aliasing interpolator like those PTGui
      offers.

      But the fact remains, that some areas of a sterographic image are
      heavily enlarged which means you need a high resolution as source to get
      a medium resolution in those areas. This is especially true for print.
      Hence the idea to blur the out regions sounds good in this case.