About this mail list

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hi all, something odd is happening sometimes, At the begining I mistakenly belived that I'm moderated.
      Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after sometimes 20 hours.
      I specifficaly use the yahoo webpage i.e. not using a e-mail client.
      It is irritating as sometimes I quickly respond to some issue, and the answer appear 20 hour later which is kind of "obsolete" as toppic evolves, i.e. other messages of ohter posters seems to appear instant.

      Is there anyone else experiencing this?

      cheers,
      Dorin
      http://www.livepanoramas.com
    • Robert Slade
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
        I think Yahoo is having network problems.

        Other groups I belong to are having the same problems.

        Regards,
        Rob
        --

        dorindxn wrote:

        > Hi all, something odd is happening sometimes, At the begining I
        > mistakenly belived that I'm moderated.
        > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after
        > sometimes 20 hours.
        > I specifficaly use the yahoo webpage i.e. not using a e-mail client.
        > It is irritating as sometimes I quickly respond to some issue, and the
        > answer appear 20 hour later which is kind of "obsolete" as toppic
        > evolves, i.e. other messages of ohter posters seems to appear instant.
        >
        > Is there anyone else experiencing this?

        --
        Robert Slade, Photographer
        Manor Photography 07890 564889
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:
          > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after sometimes 20 hours.
          > Is there anyone else experiencing this?

          Dorin, As it happens, a response I made to your PTGui post yesterday failed to appear in the listing. After waiting three hours or so, I sent a second version and that did appear, almost immediately. It's not the first time that this has happened and when it does, I wonder if I've had a senior moment and somehow failed to click the right buttons!

          John
        • Hans
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

            > Hi all, something odd is happening sometimes, At the begining I mistakenly belived that I'm moderated.
            > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after sometimes 20 hours.
            > I specifficaly use the yahoo webpage i.e. not using a e-mail client.
            > It is irritating as sometimes I quickly respond to some issue, and the answer appear 20 hour later which is kind of "obsolete" as toppic evolves, i.e. other messages of ohter posters seems to appear instant.
            >
            > Is there anyone else experiencing this?

            Been like this for years.

            Hans

            > cheers,
            > Dorin
            > http://www.livepanoramas.com

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
              Yes, I've see that also. Don't know what to do about it.

              dorindxn wrote:
              > Hi all, something odd is happening sometimes, At the begining I mistakenly belived that I'm moderated.
              > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after sometimes 20 hours.
              > I specifficaly use the yahoo webpage i.e. not using a e-mail client.
              > It is irritating as sometimes I quickly respond to some issue, and the answer appear 20 hour later which is kind of "obsolete" as toppic evolves, i.e. other messages of ohter posters seems to appear instant.
              >
              > Is there anyone else experiencing this?
              >
              > cheers,
              > Dorin
              > http://www.livepanoramas.com

            • Kathy Wheeler
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
                On 07/06/2011, at 7:36 PM, dorindxn wrote:
                > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after sometimes 20 hours.

                Welcome to Yahoo :-(

                KathyW.
              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
                  On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:
                  > > Hi all, something odd is happening sometimes, At the begining I
                  > mistakenly belived that I'm moderated.
                  > > Some messages doesn't appear at all, and some other appear after
                  > sometimes 20 hours.
                  > > I specifficaly use the yahoo webpage i.e. not using a e-mail client.
                  > > It is irritating as sometimes I quickly respond to some issue, and the
                  > answer appear 20 hour later which is kind of "obsolete" as toppic evolves,
                  > i.e. other messages of ohter posters seems to appear instant.
                  > > Is there anyone else experiencing this?
                  >

                  > Been like this for years.

                  Not only here, on this particular list
                  but on ALL yahoo lists as well :-)

                  AYRTON

                  > Hans
                  >

                  > > cheers,
                  > > Dorin
                  > > http://www.livepanoramas.com

                  + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                  + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                  http://ayrton360.com
                  twitter.com/ayrton360

                • dorindxn
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
                    And, I guess, the ymsg is the best instant messaging sofwtare. Brilliant! :)

                    If it is so for years, looks like will be so for years.

                    Is there some kind of RSS feed who keeps a better (in time) update?.

                    I have several replies which might look fresh tomorrow, if them will be here, I feel uneasy to re-post them, worst than a missing post is IMO the doubled from my memory one.

                    cheers,
                    Dorin
                    http://www.livepanoramas.com

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
                      Am 06.07.2011 15:42, schrieb dorindxn:

                      > Is there some kind of RSS feed who keeps a better (in time) update?.

                      I never had any problems with direct email. All appears immediately. If
                      you want to stick to web you can try nabble:
                      http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/
                      This should be almost as fast, since it uses email, too. You have to
                      register to post, though. You can choose between different interfaces
                      and handling is much better than yahoo in my opinion...

                    • Wim Koornneef
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2011
                        Erik Krause wrote:
                        > ..... If you want to stick to web you can try nabble:
                        > http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/ .....

                        I find posting via Nabble a lot easier and the option to edit small typos in
                        Nabble without the need to sent a reply to the list is gold.
                        I wish the PTNG list could be transferred to another platform, imo the
                        structure of Yahoo lists is from the past and can really use an update.....

                        Wim

                      • Carlos Chegado Lists
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
                          Wim,

                          I wish the PTNG list could be transferred to another platform, imo the
                          > structure of Yahoo lists is from the past and can really use an update.....
                          >
                          > Wim

                          Yes, fully agreed, some months ago Sam Rohn setup the Panoramic
                          Photographers on Facebook
                          Group<http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers>which
                          turned out to be a much more vibrant, active and interesting community
                          to share and discuss everything about panoramas, give it a try.
                          I don't want to kill this Yahoo list, but that group already has the right
                          set of features you are asking for ;-)

                          My best regards
                          Os melhores cumprimentos

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Carlos Chegado

                          360º Immersive Experiences

                          On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Erik Krause wrote:
                          > > ..... If you want to stick to web you can try nabble:
                          > > http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/ .....
                          >
                          > I find posting via Nabble a lot easier and the option to edit small typos
                          > in
                          > Nabble without the need to sent a reply to the list is gold.
                          > I wish the PTNG list could be transferred to another platform, imo the
                          > structure of Yahoo lists is from the past and can really use an update.....
                          >
                          > Wim

                        • Ken Warner
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 7, 2011
                            I will never join Facebook or any other "Social Network"......

                            Carlos Chegado Lists wrote:
                            > Wim,
                            >
                            > I wish the PTNG list could be transferred to another platform, imo the
                            >> structure of Yahoo lists is from the past and can really use an update.....
                            >>
                            >> Wim
                            >

                            > Yes, fully agreed, some months ago Sam Rohn setup the Panoramic
                            > Photographers on Facebook
                            > Group<http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers>which
                            > turned out to be a much more vibrant, active and interesting community
                            > to share and discuss everything about panoramas, give it a try.
                            > I don't want to kill this Yahoo list, but that group already has the right
                            > set of features you are asking for ;-)
                            >
                            > My best regards
                            > Os melhores cumprimentos
                            >
                            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            >
                            > Carlos Chegado
                            >
                            > 360º Immersive Experiences
                            >

                            > On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:
                            >
                            >> **
                            >>

                            >> Erik Krause wrote:
                            >>> ..... If you want to stick to web you can try nabble:
                            >>> http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/ .....
                            >> I find posting via Nabble a lot easier and the option to edit small typos
                            >> in
                            >> Nabble without the need to sent a reply to the list is gold.
                            >> I wish the PTNG list could be transferred to another platform, imo the
                            >> structure of Yahoo lists is from the past and can really use an update.....
                            >>
                            >> Wim
                            >>
                            >> --

                          • Carlos Chegado Lists
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011

                              > I will never join Facebook or any other "Social Network"......

                              Kent, no one is forcing you to. This PanotoolsNG list won't go away (at
                              least for as long as Yahoo holds itself above the water).
                              I was just pointing out to Wim that currently the most interesting place to
                              discuss panoramas is the round corner in Facebook Groups that we call
                              the Panoramic Photographers
                              on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers>.

                              My best regards
                              Os melhores cumprimentos

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
                                On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Carlos Chegado Lists
                                <cc@...>wrote:

                                > > I will never join Facebook or any other "Social Network"......
                                >
                                > Kent, no one is forcing you to. This PanotoolsNG list won't go away (at
                                > least for as long as Yahoo holds itself above the water).
                                > I was just pointing out to Wim that currently the most interesting place to
                                > discuss panoramas is the round corner in Facebook Groups that we call
                                > the Panoramic Photographers
                                > on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers>

                                I agree that Sam
                                made "there" a very very nice group, with lots of fun and infos, besides
                                being able to hold photos and panos as well

                                best
                                AYRTON

                                > My best regards
                                > Os melhores cumprimentos
                                >
                                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                >
                                > Carlos Chegado
                                >
                                > 360º Immersive Experiences
                                >

                                > On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > **
                                > >

                                > > I will never join Facebook or any other "Social Network"......

                                + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                http://ayrton360.com
                                twitter.com/ayrton360

                              • Bostjan Burger
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
                                  Do I need to build a profile on Facebook to enter or is enought my mail and a pasword?

                                  Bostjan

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
                                    On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                                    > Do I need to build a profile on Facebook to enter or is enought my mail and
                                    > a pasword?

                                    Bostjan
                                    you do need to create a profile
                                    BUT it is FAST and easy,
                                    and you can keep it secret.

                                    I mean, you can have a profile that ONLY people that YOU allow to, will be
                                    able to see it
                                    Nobody else can see any information at all.

                                    YOU decide !

                                    cheers
                                    AYRTON

                                    > Bostjan
                                    >

                                    > ________________________________

                                    + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                    + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
                                    http://ayrton360.com
                                    twitter.com/ayrton360

                                  • mrjimbo
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 8, 2011
                                      Dorin,
                                      I have had this issue with a group I am involved in.. It's was a pain in the butt.. I followed thru with it by contacting both Yahoo and the group moderator.. The moderator thought is should be ok but later we found an issue after the Yahoo folks got involved.. They finally determined that the fix was that the moderator needed to redo my settings as somehow they had gotten screwed up. At first he said they were correct but after he reset me up like I was new to the group all worked well and still does after that.. Yahoo has had a few issues as we all know. My experience was that the moderator felt he was right and it was a Yahoo Issue as his original set up had gotten screwed up apparently. That may be the case but Yahoo took the stand that they still needed the moderator to deal with it.

                                      Ok as far as face book goes.. That is a very very different thing then Yahoo. IT IS A SOCIAL NETWORK.. That being said I see the basic difference between Our Yahoo groups and Face book is simply focus.. We joined the Panotools workgroup to be part of a group of Panographers to share and to learn etc.. even though we get side tracked occasionally it's basically a keep on topic place.. Face book does not have a keep on topic space as it is a social network.. Very different.. A large % of the Face Book members have a goal of creating the largest social network they can.. So it gets used for everything from Marketing to Mary Jane just hads a baby..etc etc.

                                      Their is one very important thing many of us don't realise about these types of networks including Yahoo Groups.. What you type does not go into the waste basket after 30 days.. All of it is stored and subject to very sophisticated search engines.. Why do you think thay are all doing this for free.. They are not.. They are amasing information.. As they gather it they learn much about us ..some good some bad.. Think about that..Most would say it's ok. The fact is that your posts 4 years ago can still be accessed and they do know who's making the posts right? On social networks you'll be exposed to much more then you realise.. This whole thing is a fad of sorts .. It great but it is not a black hole and once you post they have it.. Not that it's wrong but as an example.. Bostjan has recently posted regarding his issues with making Panographs in his country.. Many on this group have offered opinions and suggestions.. What if all that information was delivered to the right or wrong person in his country? They would know what he's doing next who's helping him etc etc Yes, it sounds like paranoia, but is it really? It's 2011 and it is the information age .. who's to say how it's going to get used. So it's not about your ethics it's about theirs.. Look around you ... what do you feel the ethics really are in big powerful governemnts or businesses today.. Anyway, I'm on face book.. personally after the initial exposure it gets pretty boring fast.. It really caters to the foks that go crazy texting messages on their phone all day as they don't have anything really meaningful to do.. (sorry that last part I should have maybe left out).

                                      jimbo