VR Panoramas with the people are illegal in some countries.

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 52 , Jul 5, 2011
      That might
      be interesting information for all of you who are shooting panoramas in EU. I
      live in Slovenia, which is part of EU. I am under the serious official
      investigation because of my VRPanoramas which are showing people on the public
      places including my gigpixel project which I started in march. Even such
      panoramas of the events are problematic: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2010_Kurentovanje/19.html (showing children?),  http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2011_Motoristi/vrp.html (showing private activities?), http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2010_DijaskeDemonstracije_Maj/01.html (showing under 18 years old?), and the most critical (?)http://www.burger.si/Ljubljana/PST/38.html showing a child and a policeman (I had asked him if it is OK)…shoving people on
      the street, no-go even from the public place: http://www.burger.si/Ljubljana/2010/212_PresTrg_Tivoli.html.
      I defended
      myself that than by their criteria no images, no stills, no movies of people on the street can be
      published in any media. They replied that is not the same as my photos are 3D
      (lol… all we now that VR panoramas are NOT 3D) … it is impossible to explain them
      anything... I live in a Kafkas novel.
      If someone
      had or has same problems please contact me privately.
      In case
      that you won’t see my website that means that is was taken by government and
      shot down.

      Bostjan

    • afrenyo
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 10, 2011
        We may be getting way off topic, and I hate to contribute if that is the case, but ;^) Prince - according to this article - did loose a case when using someone else's photos at a later date. The article is also interesting, because it has a thoughtful commentary and actual copies of the court documents.

        http://tinyurl.com/prince-looses

        andras
        http://dragtorotate.com