Re: [PanoToolsNG] Stained glass gigapixel image

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2011
      Robert Slade wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I've been asked to do a high-res image of a stained glass window in a
      > cathedral. It won't be a true gigapixel image, probably looking at about
      > 25 or 36 images at 20Mp each.
      >
      > Would PTGui be the best choice for stiching? Do I need to choose a
      > particular type of projection to achieve this flat image?

      Since the window is pretty much 2D, simple projection techniques
      will give use rectilinear results.

      I'd be inclined to shoot from distance with a long-ish
      lens to avoid funny perspective effects.

      > I'm planning on making a tiled web page with Pano2VR with thumbnails to
      > zoom in to fine details.
      >
      > Any help appreciated!

      Sounds fairly conventional - I'd take well bracketed shots though, and either
      pick the best, or use HDR.

      Others may have advice on a good time of day (or year!), or good weather
      to get the best light, which will MATTER.

      BugBear