tagging in panoramas

  • wjhall2303
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2011
      There have been a few panoramas around of crowds (at festivals, events etc) with the ability to tag people in them on facebook or similar. I have an image I'd like to explore this capability with, does anyone have any pointers on how to implement such a thing? Searching around doesn't come up with much. Are these being custom written each time or is there some sort of template...
      Thanks
    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2011
        AFAIK there is no ready to use tool for tagging that is publicly available. The ones I know of are all own developments.

        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wjhall2303" <wjhall31@...> wrote:

        > There have been a few panoramas around of crowds (at festivals, events etc) with the ability to tag people in them on facebook or similar. I have an image I'd like to explore this capability with, does anyone have any pointers on how to implement such a thing? Searching around doesn't come up with much. Are these being custom written each time or is there some sort of template...
        > Thanks

      • edufrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2011
          Fashionbuddha.com developed a Facebook app for GigaPan that allows anyone to tag themselves in the crowd using a hi-res GigaPixel image. GigaTag allows users to see other fans' tags, find and tag friends, and personalize a message to appear when their tagged photos appear in their Facebook feeds. See more at http://www.facebook-studio.com/gallery/submission/8177

          I wrote for this agency, explaining to them that I am very interested about Gigatag and would like to use it to photograph the great supporters of the Brazilian soccer championship. They answered to me telling that they are working directly with GigaPan and have forwarded your request for more information to our friends there.

          I have written also to Gigapan systems, by email, skype and twitter, but but so far no response from them.

          > AFAIK there is no ready to use tool for tagging that is publicly available. The ones I know of are all own developments.
          >
          > Jürgen
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wjhall2303" <wjhall31@> wrote:
          > >
          > > There have been a few panoramas around of crowds (at festivals, events etc) with the ability to tag people in them on facebook or similar. I have an image I'd like to explore this capability with, does anyone have any pointers on how to implement such a thing? Searching around doesn't come up with much. Are these being custom written each time or is there some sort of template...
          > > Thanks

        • prague
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2011
            Then talk to us (360cities) instead.

            Our facebook tagging app is certainly more robust anyway, having been test and improved over a few huge events with thousands of simultaneous users and staying responsive and usable. I don't care what anyone else says, their tagging system won't work as well as ours :-P

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "edufrick" <edufrick@...> wrote:

            > Fashionbuddha.com developed a Facebook app for GigaPan that allows anyone to tag themselves in the crowd using a hi-res GigaPixel image. GigaTag allows users to see other fans' tags, find and tag friends, and personalize a message to appear when their tagged photos appear in their Facebook feeds. See more at http://www.facebook-studio.com/gallery/submission/8177
            >
            > I wrote for this agency, explaining to them that I am very interested about Gigatag and would like to use it to photograph the great supporters of the Brazilian soccer championship. They answered to me telling that they are working directly with GigaPan and have forwarded your request for more information to our friends there.
            >
            > I have written also to Gigapan systems, by email, skype and twitter, but but so far no response from them.
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
            > >
            > > AFAIK there is no ready to use tool for tagging that is publicly available. The ones I know of are all own developments.
            > >
            > > J�rgen
            > >
            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wjhall2303" <wjhall31@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > There have been a few panoramas around of crowds (at festivals, events etc) with the ability to tag people in them on facebook or similar. I have an image I'd like to explore this capability with, does anyone have any pointers on how to implement such a thing? Searching around doesn't come up with much. Are these being custom written each time or is there some sort of template...
            > > > Thanks

          • Aldo Hoeben
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 13, 2011
              > Then talk to us (360cities) instead.
              (...)
              > I don't care what anyone else says, their tagging system
              > won't work as well as ours :-P

              Gee, thanks for the kind words.

              Aldo
              fieldofview.com