Re: Need advice re panos for mobile devices

  • Uri
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011

      > Krpano has got some great droplets where you can drag the equirectangular
      > onto the batch file. It will then convert it to cubic format and build the
      > whole project for you and you can customize it to your hearts content.

      Yes, thanks. It worked for me, though my ignorance of XML seems to limit (at least for now) my ability to use it. So I tried to do it in Pano2VR with success - at least on my Apple iOS emulator.

      The result is at: http://www.uricogan.com/test/burgoyne3.html and I'll appreciate feedback from iDevices and other mobile users. It should open in Flash or iOS

      Is there a forum devoted to this topic of mobile device compatibility?

      Earlier I wrote:

      > My entire pano collection is in Flash, on web pages created with Pleinpot.
      > Most of my originals are archived as equirectangular and some are archived
      > in QT .mov format.
      >
      > Now I want to convert the entire lot to be compatible with mobile devices,
      > including iPhone, iPad, etc.
      >
      > I do have Pano2VR, FFC, and KRpano, so I'm looking for advice/suggestions re
      > format and workflow.
    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
        On Jul 3, 2011, at 3:09 PM, "Uri" <uri@...> wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Krpano has got some great droplets where you can drag the equirectangular
        >> onto the batch file. It will then convert it to cubic format and build the
        >> whole project for you and you can customize it to your hearts content.
        >

        > Yes, thanks. It worked for me, though my ignorance of XML seems to limit (at least for now) my ability to use it. So I tried to do it in Pano2VR with success - at least on my Apple iOS emulator.
        >
        > The result is at: http://www.uricogan.com/test/burgoyne3.html and I'll appreciate feedback from iDevices and other mobile users. It should open in Flash or iOS
        >
        > Is there a forum devoted to this topic of mobile device compatibility?

        It's just fine on my iPad. I notice you retained the traditional panning rather than Google's regrettable and counterintuitive "drag," although the latter in in such an overwhelming majority these days that for an instant I wondered why the image moved the wrong way. Mea culpa!

        Roger W