Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Anyone use a small netbook with remote software?

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1 8:36 PM
      On Jul 2, 2011, at 3:12 AM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

      > Personally, I don't like tethering laptops or netbooks in the field, because it introduces another source of things going wrong. Although Rogers setup looks very compelling. A cheaper alternative to DSLR Remote Pro is Smartshooter: www.hartcw.com That one is fully scriptable and lets you do more crazy things like FTP upload, maybe even fire a batch stitch. For Nikons, the best looking app I found is free and combines exposures to HDR right away. www.sofortbildapp.com

      Wow, Blochi, that certainly is a good looking app, and funded by voluntary donations? that is also most impressive. My wife is driving me crazy using my PC and complaining that it doesn't work like the MAC she uses at the office, so I am thinking of getting her a low-spec MAC Air. Then perhaps I can take my turn driving HER crazy... I would certainly want to try sofortbildapp!

      Roger W.
    • Christian Bloch
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 2 1:25 AM
        Yeah, from what I could gather this app started as a student project, and now this guy actually got hired by Apple, they moved him from Germany to California. It's one of these inspiring stories where doing what you love, and doing it really good, and then giving it away for free opens more doors than if you tried to build a business out of it and go for the money...

        On Jul 1, 2011, at 8:36 PM, Roger D Williams wrote:

        > Wow, Blochi, that certainly is a good looking app, and funded by voluntary donations? that is also most impressive. My wife is driving me crazy using my PC and complaining that it doesn't work like the MAC she uses at the office, so I am thinking of getting her a low-spec MAC Air. Then perhaps I can take my turn driving HER crazy... I would certainly want to try sofortbildapp!

      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 2 2:46 AM
          And nice example of the Brain drain. The German society invested to the expert which US got for free. It is easy to be rich getting something for free... ;) We invented the globalisation but only in the way the Mr. or MS. Capital want.
          Excuse me my OT.

          Bostjan