Re: One of my not so bad HDR panoramas

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
      Thank you all for your kind words and especially to Dorin for pointing me to the error. That wasn't so obvious on my desktop monitor.

      And Roger is completely right, on the iPad this is a killer picture that should convince any prospective customer right away.

      Regarding the workflow I think this is not yet the time to uncover it. Mainly because this would be of no particular help because regarding tonemapping each image is pretty much individual. At least from my experience and as mostly it took me more then one day to get there.

      But chances are, I can get repeatedly some acceptable results with the method I have found here, and of course this will be significantly faster then. Once it is proven, well, we'll see. But the good news is, that there was no magic involved. All done with commonly available tools.

      But what I have learned in that night is: take your time to get as many exposures as possible, and yes, exposure times get pretty long, but it's worth the waiting. Ironically I had learned that just when I went back to the hotel and reviewed the images. The one here suffers a bit from too less detail in the shadows. Nonetheless I think I won't put it to the recycle bin, hehe.

      Cheers
      Jürgen
    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
        Very, very nice blue sky!

        --
        L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
        felipe@...

      • rcgillespie
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
          "You have some small stitching problems if you look up on the upper
          part of the bridge."

          Unless for print, I may agree.
          Viewing, it's just fine.
          Great job!!!!!

          The critic of "stitching problems," is also, Great info!

          Thanks all,
          Richard

        • A Kielcz
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
            Maybe one day I'll take pano like it.
            How did you do it. Would you mind sharing.

            A Kielcz

            Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.