Re: [PanoToolsNG] One of my not so bad HDR panoramas

  • Keith Davison
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
      WOW!

      There are even several stars visible in sky, with no trails, so a reasonably short exposure
      for that section at least.

      KeithD

      > Dear friends,
      > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
      >
      > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
      >
      > Enjoy
      > Jürgen

    • prague
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
        no one else noticed the use of the architectural projection in the viewer?

        i.e. vertical lines stay vertical until you're tilted a certain amount.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Davison" <megakd@...> wrote:

        > WOW!
        >
        > There are even several stars visible in sky, with no trails, so a reasonably short exposure
        > for that section at least.
        >
        > KeithD
        >

        > > Dear friends,
        > > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
        > >
        > > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
        > >
        > > Enjoy
        > > J�rgen

      • Ron Rack
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
          Hey J�rgen,
          That is indeed a very nice job on that pano, you da' man!

          ron rack

          On Jun 30, 2011, at 5:00 AM, jrgen_schrader wrote:

          > Dear friends,
          > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
          >
          > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
          >
          > Enjoy
          > J�rgen

        • Dicere
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
            Amazing image! Your camera even passed the Mizar - Alcor vision test, and spider webs, all in the same image! Early mornings are great for photography. Pat yourself on the back You deserve it.

            > Dear friends,
            > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
            >
            > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
            >
            > Enjoy
            > Jürgen

          • jrgen_schrader
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
              Thank you all for your kind words and especially to Dorin for pointing me to the error. That wasn't so obvious on my desktop monitor.

              And Roger is completely right, on the iPad this is a killer picture that should convince any prospective customer right away.

              Regarding the workflow I think this is not yet the time to uncover it. Mainly because this would be of no particular help because regarding tonemapping each image is pretty much individual. At least from my experience and as mostly it took me more then one day to get there.

              But chances are, I can get repeatedly some acceptable results with the method I have found here, and of course this will be significantly faster then. Once it is proven, well, we'll see. But the good news is, that there was no magic involved. All done with commonly available tools.

              But what I have learned in that night is: take your time to get as many exposures as possible, and yes, exposure times get pretty long, but it's worth the waiting. Ironically I had learned that just when I went back to the hotel and reviewed the images. The one here suffers a bit from too less detail in the shadows. Nonetheless I think I won't put it to the recycle bin, hehe.

              Cheers
              Jürgen
            • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
                Very, very nice blue sky!

                --
                L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                felipe@...

              • rcgillespie
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 30, 2011
                  "You have some small stitching problems if you look up on the upper
                  part of the bridge."

                  Unless for print, I may agree.
                  Viewing, it's just fine.
                  Great job!!!!!

                  The critic of "stitching problems," is also, Great info!

                  Thanks all,
                  Richard

                • A Kielcz
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 1 12:32 PM
                    Maybe one day I'll take pano like it.
                    How did you do it. Would you mind sharing.

                    A Kielcz

                    Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.