Re: [PanoToolsNG] One of my not so bad HDR panoramas

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30 2:20 AM
      niiiiiiiice colors
      nice pano

      cheers
      :-)
      AYRTON

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:00 AM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
      >
      > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
      >
      > Enjoy
      > Jürgen

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

    • dtonnes
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 30 2:32 AM
        Beautiful. How did you shoot & process this? Is it HDR?

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30 2:41 AM
          On Jun 30, 2011, at 6:00 PM, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

          > Dear friends,
          > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
          >
          > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html

          I thought understatement was a British thing. "Not so bad"? This is a positively GORGEOUS panorama. And it looks wonderful on my iPad... the sort of panorama that I would like to show customers as an example of how beautiful and fascinating the genre can be!

          Please post other "Not so bad" panoramas.

          Roger W.
        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30 5:17 AM
            Hi Jurgen you right, not bad at all :)

            In case of HDR the colors are a subjective thing, the more people like them the better.

            You have some small stitching problems if you look up on the upper part of the bridge.

            This reminds me about a stituation when I stitched a multirow pano taked by other photographer but with the panoramic head previously setted by me, so was perfect from NPP POV. Still lots and lots of little problems at stitching.
            First I couldn't understand what caused that, then I saw the shadows in the photos, it appears that the photographer and the owner of the place care to be all the time at the back of the camera close to it, there was a wooden floor and the weight of both forced the NPP point to describe a circle instead a point at rotation.

            Could be the same in your case (i.e. not solid floor) but as well, adding some CP in that area could perfectly fix that, that if you think worth fixing that from first place (can be retouched aslo)

            cheers,
            Dorin
            http://www.livepanoramas.com

            > Dear friends,
            > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
            >
            > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
            >
            > Enjoy
            > Jürgen

          • Keith Davison
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30 5:35 AM
              WOW!

              There are even several stars visible in sky, with no trails, so a reasonably short exposure
              for that section at least.

              KeithD

              > Dear friends,
              > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
              >
              > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
              >
              > Enjoy
              > Jürgen

            • prague
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 30 7:04 AM
                no one else noticed the use of the architectural projection in the viewer?

                i.e. vertical lines stay vertical until you're tilted a certain amount.

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Davison" <megakd@...> wrote:

                > WOW!
                >
                > There are even several stars visible in sky, with no trails, so a reasonably short exposure
                > for that section at least.
                >
                > KeithD
                >

                > > Dear friends,
                > > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
                > >
                > > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
                > >
                > > Enjoy
                > > J�rgen

              • Ron Rack
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 30 7:33 AM
                  Hey J�rgen,
                  That is indeed a very nice job on that pano, you da' man!

                  ron rack

                  On Jun 30, 2011, at 5:00 AM, jrgen_schrader wrote:

                  > Dear friends,
                  > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
                  >
                  > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
                  >
                  > Enjoy
                  > J�rgen

                • Dicere
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 30 7:36 AM
                    Amazing image! Your camera even passed the Mizar - Alcor vision test, and spider webs, all in the same image! Early mornings are great for photography. Pat yourself on the back You deserve it.

                    > Dear friends,
                    > from time to time I just can't help and need to show off some of my work :)
                    >
                    > http://bavaria360.s3.amazonaws.com/steg/steg.html
                    >
                    > Enjoy
                    > Jürgen

                  • jrgen_schrader
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 30 9:59 AM
                      Thank you all for your kind words and especially to Dorin for pointing me to the error. That wasn't so obvious on my desktop monitor.

                      And Roger is completely right, on the iPad this is a killer picture that should convince any prospective customer right away.

                      Regarding the workflow I think this is not yet the time to uncover it. Mainly because this would be of no particular help because regarding tonemapping each image is pretty much individual. At least from my experience and as mostly it took me more then one day to get there.

                      But chances are, I can get repeatedly some acceptable results with the method I have found here, and of course this will be significantly faster then. Once it is proven, well, we'll see. But the good news is, that there was no magic involved. All done with commonly available tools.

                      But what I have learned in that night is: take your time to get as many exposures as possible, and yes, exposure times get pretty long, but it's worth the waiting. Ironically I had learned that just when I went back to the hotel and reviewed the images. The one here suffers a bit from too less detail in the shadows. Nonetheless I think I won't put it to the recycle bin, hehe.

                      Cheers
                      Jürgen
                    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 30 10:13 AM
                        Very, very nice blue sky!

                        --
                        L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
                        felipe@...

                      • rcgillespie
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 30 4:15 PM
                          "You have some small stitching problems if you look up on the upper
                          part of the bridge."

                          Unless for print, I may agree.
                          Viewing, it's just fine.
                          Great job!!!!!

                          The critic of "stitching problems," is also, Great info!

                          Thanks all,
                          Richard

                        • A Kielcz
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
                            Maybe one day I'll take pano like it.
                            How did you do it. Would you mind sharing.

                            A Kielcz

                            Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.